Chances of Pg after Pulling Out?

My husband and I disagree about ttc.  I really want a baby, but he's just not quite ready.  Please don't judge about that... I'm just wanting answers.  He is VERY sure that he pulls out before he ejaculates.  Besides that, this last time, we had sex on a Wednesday night, and I didn't ovulate until Saturday... so that's pretty far before ovulation anyway.  Is there ANY chance I could still be pregnant?  I know it will be a while before I can test, but is there ANY chance?  I was thinking I was going to ovulate on Thursday, and that's why I tried on Wedneday night, but apparently I o'd late.  I've been charting, and there wasn't a temp change until Sunday.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
okay, i'm not judging but statements in your post seems to contradict. you said your husband isnt ready to ttc but he is using the pull out/withdrawl method? while its very rare to become pregnant from precum using this "method", it still is not nearly effective if he is saying he is not ready? then, you said you've been charting? why are you charting if he's not ready? just be careful and that you BOTH are in this together and on the same page. if not, someone is going to get hurt.
i would not think that you are pregnant at this point in time. it's just not likely. he pulled out before fully ejaculating and you were not ovulating. i know you want to be pregnant but this is what it is right now. be patient. good things come to those who wait. trust me, you will be glad (when you do become pregnant) that timing was right and your husband was ready too. no one will resent anyone.
take care!!
Helpful - 0
I would have to say No.  Pulling out is not 100% effective but its pretty close to it.  Chances are your not. But thats my opinion!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hope you dont think that an "accident" will change his mind.. Thats very unfair to do to someone who isnt ready. Have a talk & find out why he isnt ready & plan 4 the future.  You would be much happier when you get to start trying & you both are prepared.
Helpful - 0
"Pulling out" is a pretty effective method of birth control when done right. I do agree, however, that you should both be ready in fairness to you and not to mention your child!
Helpful - 0
IMO, if he doesn't want a baby then he can wear a condom.  If he's a mature adult he knows he's playing with fire here by just pulling out.

Yes, couldibe, there is always a chance.  It's pretty slim though.  Sperm live for about 3-5 days inside your body, so living from Wednesday to Saturday is possible.  Again, chances aren't very high but it does happen.  The pull-out method isn't really even a "method".  People get pg this way quite a bit.  The chances are much higher via this "method" if he ejaculated prior to having intercourse and did not urinate in between those times.  He would have sperm in his precum if that happened.

You guys need to sit down and talk about this though.  If he's not ready for a baby then he should figure out what he wants to do about it because the pull-out method is not very effective.
Helpful - 0
This is from plannedparenthood.org.  It explains the odds.

How Well Withdrawal Works
Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant during the first year of typical use. Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, four will become pregnant during the first year of perfect use.

Pre-ejaculate can contain enough sperm to cause pregnancy. Pregnancy is also possible if semen or pre-ejaculate is spilled on the vulva.

Helpful - 0
yes i no several people who only use the pull out method most have ended up pregnant it only takes one and if your ovulating well theres a chance.
It also depends on each man some dont pull out quite as effective as others you no what i mean.
Helpful - 0
Okay.. She wants to become pregnant and he does as well, but not right this second. So what is wrong with her charting now so that she is totally aware of her body when he does finally give the word that he is ready? Plus, she is obviosly aware that the "Rhythm Method" is not always affective where he believes he is being safe. Seems they are disagreing on this issue and she was looking for validation that this method is not as affective as he seems to believe it is. So IF she were to become pregnant before he is "ready" she will have already warned him that it COULD happen. I mean come on.. Some of you are acting like she is trying to trap him and trick him.. She obviously knows that they are playing with fire and she wants him to know this too.
And to the poster, this method is not really a method at all as others have said. It is unprotected sex and yes you could be pregnant as we speak. Stranger things have happened. If AF is late, test.. If positive, I hope your husband understands that it isn't due to anything YOU did. If he isn't ready, then he REALLY should be wearing a condom each and every time. If the Rhythm method worked then no one would have any need for BC at all.
I hate to give my own personal account but my DH and I were "fooling around" for a bit then he put a condom on.. 9 months later, my 5th child was born.. So what did it? The pre-ejaculate from the fooling around, or a bad condom? We will never know.  You pay your nickel, you take your chances.
My Dad's parents were Catholic and didn't believe in BC. They also didn't want any children. So they used the RM. Well, since I have my DAD, you can see that there "method" failed. And they resented my Dad, like it was his fault.
I hope that you two are on the same page when you find out the positive news, weather it be this month or later on down the road.
All the best to both of you and keep us posted!
--J
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much joanne - for being ONE positive person who was not accusatory or judgemental.  The world is full of people like that, and I guess my plea for no harrassment went unnoticed by anyone but you.  None of you know what a person has been through until you walk in their shoes... and you don't know my story, only the part I wished to share.  So thank you all for your judgement, the rest is between me and God.  And joanne, truly a sincere thank you to you.
Helpful - 0
Whatever.  I said he knew what he was doing by having sex without a condom.  I was not accusing you of anything or being judgemental.
Helpful - 0
I dont think anyone was trying to be mean.. They were giving their opinions of what they read..  Good Luck 2 you
Helpful - 0
Most of the time, when people feel as if they are being judged harshly, its because they already feel a little guilty anyway.  The opinions, all of them, I agree with.  However, it does seem a bit premature to be charting if your partner isn't ready to have a baby.  I've never been overly concerned with when I ovulate, unless I was TTC.
Both "parents" need to be ready for the responsibilities of a child, otherwise, its unfair to all involved.
Helpful - 0
Nothing wrong with charting before ttc. I went through a short period of hubby not being ready right after we got married. I waited, as patiently as I could, because I didn't want him later saying I talked him into it, or pushed him toward parenthood in any way. Just be sure you're ready for any type of backlash if you do intend to get pregnant "on the sly," if that's what they still call it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.