Change in menstrual flow as soon as i turned 20

I just turned 20 and had my first period at the age of 10. The period flow was always heavy and lasted about 6 days
with severe cramps and back ache. But as soon as i turned 20 i.e left my teenage years, my menstrual flow has become lighter with almost no cramps and lasted only 4 days and i didn't even felt a thing. It is too good to be true oris it normal since i am no longer a teenager. It has been bugging me for so long. It has been 2 mnths since this happened. Has it happened to you guys??
Yea cycles change throughout your life. The older I got the worse mine got though lol. Isn't anything to worry about.
There is nothing wrong with your menstrual periods. However if it persists then it needs evaluation for oligomenorrhea. The causes could be benign tumors of pituitary gland. It could be due disease of thyroid gland like thyrotoxicosis, hormonal imbalance,  pcos (cyst in ovary) etc.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community