Clitoris and Inner Labia are swollen, sensitive and irriatated

My symptoms started with what looked and felt like a yeast infection under only the hood of the clitoris, once that cleared up I was still experiencing extreme sensitivity on the clitoris and/or the inner labia. My inner labia are swollen to some degree every day; sometimes sensitivity comes with this, sometimes not. When I say sensitivity I mean that every little hair, underwear or anything that touches my inner labia or clitoris is an irritant!! I can't wear underwear and I can only wear loose fitting clothing or the symptoms get worse. I've been dealing with this for 8 months now. I've seen 2 doctors and 1 specialist, none have really told me anything and all tests always come back negative (I was tested for herpes as well.) Even the yeast cultures come back negative.  I've been going to acupuncture for the last 2 months and the symptoms are decreasing, but at a very slow rate. I have taken Monistat, flagyl, cortizone (steroid) pills and cream and nothing has worked. The specialist has put me on a neurotransmitter medicine because she thinks the nerve endings in my vulva are misfiring, which sounds far fetched to me but at this point I'll try anything! I used to feel a rawness under the clitoris hood and between the inner labia a lot, but not as much sense I’ve been going to the acupuncturist, however- it is very rare that I feel any  itchiness. I have not experienced any colored discharge- though on bad days I do have more discharge then usual- but still clear. My acupuncturist and the specialist seem to think these symptoms are a result from having bladder infections in the past (I have a sensitive bladder), DOES ANYONE HAVE A SENSITIVE BLADDER, or have had many bladder infections in the past, and have similar symptoms as me? Also, I have noticed when the clitoris is bothering me- I sometimes have white spots under the hood of my clitoris. After close inspection, I have found these little white spots are NOT part of my clitoris and can be removed. Once it’s removed (very sensitive and somewhat painful to remove) it looks like what a blackhead would look like, but white….?! I clean myself regularly down there so to have any buildup, like this, is very weird. For the last couple of months I’ve been using non-fragranced baby wipes to clean under the clitoris hood and around the vulva area and I’m still seeing these little white spots. IF ANYONE HAS SIMILAR SYMPTOMS PLEASE RESPOND. I’m doing a follow-up visit with the specialist at UCLA Medical Center in 2 months.

Wishing hope on all those who understand.

PC26
I forgot to mention that I've been on a brutal yeast and sugar free diet for the last 4 months. It does seem to help keep the symptoms away. Depsite loosing 10 pounds, this diet has been awful but helpful.
Hey PC26. I am facing these sympotms for almost a year now. Did u find relief? Anything u can guide me with? I am v desperate. And in much discomfort.
I don't have an answer, but I do think I have something similar. About two years ago I started to have pain, especially with intersourse, and redness and swelling around the inner labia. I was diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis and I've tried creams, pills, physio therapy and nothing. About a month and a half ago I started to notice a white buildup around the outside of my inner labia and my clitoris. It sounds exactly like what you've described, it can be cleaned away but no matter how often I do it there always seems to be more. I actually tried the baby whites too, but I've found it too painful so I am limited too warm water and mild soap. My gynecologist is at a loss but I'm going to see a specialist in January. If I find out anything I will post back and if you would do the same I'd really like that! I've been really embarassed about the white residue, it makes me feel unclean or something, but hearing that someone else has it is really comforting (although I wish neither of us had to post here! :) )
It will be a year in Feb. I'm going to a really good specialist and
she's still confused. I just saw her a 3rd time 2 weeks ago. The clitoral swelling and tenderness doesn't happen as much as the inner labia swelling and tenderness now.
My specialist, Dr.Andrea Rapkin at UCLA Medical Center wants me to stay in contact with women who have similar symptoms as me. She's doing some research right now and has told me I don't have Vulodynia or Vestibulitis (though I'm going to bring it up again when I see her-she's mentioned it but has said the it she's never heard of the clitoris being affected,etc.)

Anyways can you answer the questions below in detail on here or email me at needhelp2008 @ hotmail . com?
I'm going to forward my doctor the answers I get from everyone, there's a longer forum on this website about this (I think it might be in the relationships topic??) Anyways it would be much appreciated if you sent me info on your symptoms. I wish we weren't going through this either and I wish even more doctors could help us. I figure the more info they have and if they're able to see there are quite a few us going through it, then more effort would be put forth to research our ailment.  

Questions:
What are your “exact” symptoms (swelling in clitoris, labia, sensitivity, etc) ?
When did this start for you?
How long have you been experiencing pain/irritation?
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, or yeast infections in the past?

Recently I seem to have this little white dot of "stuff" (backed up sebum we're assuming because the doc said it didn't look like puss or an infection) that's STILL collecting under the clitoral hood. It can be removed and I feel less sensitive it seems after it's removed, however I have to go through a full week or so of bad swelling, which is a different sensitivity but still not fun. My "down times" are becoming more frequent and more comfortable. However, when the doctor remove my white stuff from under the clitoral hood last week it's made my down time turn into being swollen for going on 9 days now. The clitoris feels better but the labia are sensitive.

I hope you're feeling better.

PC26
I'm 20 and since I started having sex 3 years ago I have had really bad urine infections that started with one then another then with my latest partner of 2 years I have got over 10. My body now only responds to one antibiotic but would give me thrush. So I went to a specialist who put me into surgery to have my whole urethra burned with a laser to remove the scaring from the infections and help them to not reappear. I think I was meant to wait 3months before having sex (after surgery) but I was feeling fine and late in the 2nd month I did (sometimes it’s just can’t wait) but yes I got the worst UTI ever. I was in the Northern Territory working and I Live in SYD but it started with lower back pain, then the next day pain so bad I went cold, had a headache and couldn’t walk; the next day couldn’t eat, sleep or even go to the toilet properly my stoles were green and more runny. But I really didn’t know what was wrong as when I pasted urine it was fine? But hence being in NT here was no “safe” doctors and had to fly back home to see my GP straight of the plane she took one look and I was in hospital  on a drip due to my blood pressure was to high. It took me 3months to get of pain killers and antibiotics and to feel normal again. But after that I have only had two UTI in a year which I think is cause of the surgery. Also I take cranberry tablets every day the higher does the better and drink at least 2.5 L of water a day.

But to get to the point, I have only had 3 yeast infections but they start at my clitoris and itch and burn like crazy and have found the little white stuff around the hood? My GP always told me to take thrush cream and tablet and it has seemed to work.  But all doctors are full of **** and the hospitals are worse. I think the more natural stuff you put in your body the better.

i wish all the best for you and hope one of us gets the answers we are looking for?
Thanks to EVERYONE who answered my questions! I passed them along to my doctor, it's obviously not going to be reliable info for her to study but it AT THE LEAST shows her that other girls are experiencing this type of health issue. I will post any information I find out!

Please feel free to post the answers to the below questions or message me, also if you can think of anything you want to add that might be valuable information I'd appreciate it! I re-did the questions- see below. THANKS!

Questions:
When did this start for you, meaning- after sex, after a yeast infection or just out of the blue?
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis (ex. Gardnerella, it's when the ph levels in your vaginia get all wacky and good bacteria starts becoming bad bateria) in the past?
Do you experience pain/irritation/sensitivity with the clitoris, inner labia or outer labis (or all) ?

BEST WISHES, try to stay positive  ; )

P
I have had a swollen clitoris for about one week. At first it was because I masturbated and it was a little swollen, then it gradually got bigger and bigger about the size of a couple of grapes. Moslty on one side of my clitoris. It is now very uncomfortable and accompanied by a yeast infection. I always get small yeast infections by my birth control pills (Errin) but now this is still swelling even more even after my doctor prescribed Diflucan yesterday. Do I need more time for the Rx to kick in? I can't even walk right now because the swelling is so bad or wear pants. Why wouldn't it be red if it was an infection? Did I damage something inside. Please help! Thanks
im only 15 and im having the same problems. my clitoris is swollen and irratated, and some what dry. it hurts to cross my legs and even walk. ive been just wearing sweat pants. some people have said it may be an STD but i've never had sex, or done anything sexual. i dont know what to do, please help!

thanks,    :)   .
hey guys, google "accumulation of smegma" or "clitoral adhesions." this may be your problem.
An autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, late, vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, and folliculitis. More symptoms develop weeks to years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you what it is, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not. You can also contact the free American Behcet's Disease Website for  much more information. Behcet's is not contagious and it doesn't run in families. It is commonely triggered by strep throat, food poisoing or other infections or for unknown reasons that have permanitally damaged the immune system. Stress, injury, common illnesses, and genital to gential contact are some of the most common causes for repeated flares. People with illness need to rest more often and take better care of themselves. Even then, they will need medicine and a good doctor to stay well.
Some of the other symptoms are chronic yeast infections, bladder inflammation that feels like an infection (often mistaken for interstital cystitis), bowel inflammation, eye inflammation, arthritis, fibromyalga, chronic fatique, and sometimes central nervous system involvement. It is important that people with this illness get treatment as soon as possible with immune suppressants by a Rhuemotologist. That is who you really need to see next.
Hey there bbyA
I'm sorry to hear you're having similar symptoms as me. Have you seen a doctor yet? Please see a doctor very soon, especially see them when you're clitoris is swollen that way they can "SEE" whats going on. OBGYN's are their to help us, however- a lot of women that have this health issue do not go to the doctor, therefore doctors don't have that much info on what it is. The more we go, the more they know, and then the more they can help us. Unfortunately my doctor hasn't been able to help me too much but she's doing research which is good. You can read the things I've done in my posts that help me (like not wearing underwear, wearing skirts or cotten loose fitting pants and shorts, and I limit the amount of sugar or yeast.) If you can talk to your parents about this, I UGRE you to do so, this is a tough health issue and the more people you have to talk to and lean is VERY HELPFUL. Having good friends you can trust or family memebers that you can talk to helps releave the stress of having a persistant health issue, especially one this uncomfortable.

If you need to vent or have more questions please send me a message. I hope you're feeling better.

PC26

ALSO TO TRAC777-

I believe Behcet's Syndrome is something different then a few of us are writing about. I haven't had any fisshers or cuts, etc on the vaginal area. I just have inflammation of the clitoris, the inner glands under the clitoral hood and my inner labia which causes sensitivity. Although I can still have the sensitivity without the swelling. Things are getting better for me, jsut at a VERY slow rate. When I reduce stress, wear loose fitting clothes, (I no longer shave down there) and stick to a diet with limited sugar and yeast- my body feels the best.

I was diagnosed with interstital cystitis about 4 years ago (I've always ahd a sensitive bladder- my diet and eating properly really helps this)  however I've tested negative for yeast ever since these symptoms started (so I know mine is not chronic yeast infections.) I haven't had any inflammation anywhere else either. If you have any other idea's I'm up for listening.

Thanks.

I'm wonder if it's the interstitial cystitis that's sort of spread down your uretha to cause your pain? I know how bad that feels, I was diagnosed at one time with IC, but for me it was just one of the first symptoms of something else...but I also had the cuts. That made it something all together different for me. I also limit sugar and yeast and avoid stress as much as possible and get plenty of rest. There is no better medicine than that.