Clitoris and Inner Labia are swollen, sensitive and irriatated

My symptoms started with what looked and felt like a yeast infection under only the hood of the clitoris, once that cleared up I was still experiencing extreme sensitivity on the clitoris and/or the inner labia. My inner labia are swollen to some degree every day; sometimes sensitivity comes with this, sometimes not. When I say sensitivity I mean that every little hair, underwear or anything that touches my inner labia or clitoris is an irritant!! I can't wear underwear and I can only wear loose fitting clothing or the symptoms get worse. I've been dealing with this for 8 months now. I've seen 2 doctors and 1 specialist, none have really told me anything and all tests always come back negative (I was tested for herpes as well.) Even the yeast cultures come back negative.  I've been going to acupuncture for the last 2 months and the symptoms are decreasing, but at a very slow rate. I have taken Monistat, flagyl, cortizone (steroid) pills and cream and nothing has worked. The specialist has put me on a neurotransmitter medicine because she thinks the nerve endings in my vulva are misfiring, which sounds far fetched to me but at this point I'll try anything! I used to feel a rawness under the clitoris hood and between the inner labia a lot, but not as much sense I’ve been going to the acupuncturist, however- it is very rare that I feel any  itchiness. I have not experienced any colored discharge- though on bad days I do have more discharge then usual- but still clear. My acupuncturist and the specialist seem to think these symptoms are a result from having bladder infections in the past (I have a sensitive bladder), DOES ANYONE HAVE A SENSITIVE BLADDER, or have had many bladder infections in the past, and have similar symptoms as me? Also, I have noticed when the clitoris is bothering me- I sometimes have white spots under the hood of my clitoris. After close inspection, I have found these little white spots are NOT part of my clitoris and can be removed. Once it’s removed (very sensitive and somewhat painful to remove) it looks like what a blackhead would look like, but white….?! I clean myself regularly down there so to have any buildup, like this, is very weird. For the last couple of months I’ve been using non-fragranced baby wipes to clean under the clitoris hood and around the vulva area and I’m still seeing these little white spots. IF ANYONE HAS SIMILAR SYMPTOMS PLEASE RESPOND. I’m doing a follow-up visit with the specialist at UCLA Medical Center in 2 months.

Wishing hope on all those who understand.

PC26
Hi there,

I've just come across this site and i'm really interested in what's going on here. 2 years ago I had an abortion and developed symptoms about 1 month later. At first it was mild itchiness and soreness that happened just before my period every month. Not knowing what it was and thinking that i needed to get healthier i started eating a lot of fruit. It nearly killed me! I have since been told I have Candida, recurring thrush, but to be honest something doesn't seem right here. If i stay on the Candida diet i'm right for the most part. But this morning i ate a whole big tub of natural yoghurt and by tonight by clitoris is rubbed raw and i'm really sore. I've got appointments with the best dietician and Vulval disorder practioner that i can find but cant get in till late July. Till then i feel like i just have to suffer. I tried seeing a Nutritionist who told me that my immune system is low and thats the cause of the problem. Thing is though that i don't get sick, I never get colds, i'm full of energy and a healthy weight. I truly believe that i've got some kind of parasite infection. I forgot to mention that 2 weeks after my op i was swimming in the NT and i'm pretty sure that this is where i've got it from. I'd like to know if anyone else has picked this problem up at a time that they can link to swimming.

-K-
This does have to do with your immune system. You could have a parasite or something else in the enviroment has weakened your immune system . Start with a long course of antibotics to make sure you don't have a bacterial infection or a parasite. Minocycline would be a good one to try. You must do everything you can to support you immune system. I have an auto immune disroder called Behcet's Syndrome. I never get colds or the flu or anything like that. My immune system works in over drive. I need immune suppressants to calm my immune system down. Other people would have a very weak immune system from the medication I take. For me, it just makes it normal. If I don't take medication my immune system will be working so strong, it will actually start attacking itself. Stress contol, nutrition, and rest are the best things you can do to get it under control.
TO EVERYONE: Once I'm finished creating my chart of my past medical history, lifestyle and current symptoms- I'm thinking of creating a website that would allow everyone to fill out and submit their own chart (the chart would be a template but it would also allow someone to insert additional info as well). This way doctors can see there's more then one woman going through this- and we can connect similarities or differences much easier then skimming through posts.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ANYONE? And does anyone have any suggestions?
Sounds great. up until a few years ago they thought that stomach ulcers were caused by stress and food and now they know that it's a parasite thats easily killed. I have to believe that it's the same for us and theyll work it out.
I personally feel that immune damage is the one thing we all have in common. That damage could come from many different things causes many different degrees of health problems. If it's from bacteria or a parasite you can fix that. Parasites are very common and they can damage your immune system. When you have parasites your not getting enough nutrition. I believe many of us aren't getting enough nutrition. It's very chard to get the rightamount without a vitamin supplement even without parasites. I want to share an article I wrote about my illness Behcet's Syndrome to explain the far end of immune damage.

BD IS GENETIC?
  Has anyone had a chance to read the latest BD news letter? On page 3 there is an article called Behcet's Disease: Global Perspective. I very much enjoyed this article which discussed the diagnostic guidelines for BD, although I found the first few lines to be greatly flawed and extremely disappointing. The article starts with "Originally Behcet's Disease was a disease of the silk road. It was rarely seen in the northern part of Europe, in the Amercia continent, and especially in the southern hemisphere. Due to immigrations, BD is now seen everywhere in the world."

This statement is being presented as if it was a known fact that BD is genetic even though there has been no research done to support this opinion. I live in the U.S., I have talked to and read about hundereds of American BD patients, and so far, I haven't met anyone with the gene that is stated to be related to this disease.

I wonder what benefit would it be to believe that everyone who has this disease has these genes? Could it be that a "rare" disease stands up as a great defense in court? Possibly, rare means our focus should be on the more common things, the things they are comfortable treating. How can it mean anything when we are waiting 20 or more years for answers?

I have read several articles supplied by the American BD Association that discussed the possiblity that American BD does not appear to be linked to the middle eastern disease. These articles suggest a milder disease in the states as well as no genetic link to the gene related to the silk road illness. These articles also discuss other differences, like the prevalance of aseptic mennigitis among American patients.

It has appeared for some time that these are different diseases or the same disease with different causes. For instance, is it not possible that these disease's developed in the the middle east due to both genetic factors and poor nutrition? Both of these things could be the cause for a weakened immune system, leaving a person vunerable to disease. Could it not be possible that BD is actually a virus, or a combination of things in our enviroment of which all cause a similiar immune reaction? Could years of over cultivation of our crops and poor eating habits have been the source of our vunerability? As early as 1955 doctors were finding evidence supporting proper nutrition as the best defense against being infected by all sorts of illnesses like Polio and Turbeculosis. Has it also not been discussed that American BD may even be related to the Strep Throat Virus? So why is it that we keep coming back to calling this a genetic disease common only to the silk road?

I started finding answers to these questions in page after page of the history of Polio in our county. Polio is a rare disease mainly spread among the poor because of improper nutrition and their living enviroments, when in 1955 a great and noble idea to cure it caused mass vaccinations at a time when science had very little understanding of this disease and how to make a massive amount of safe vaccines. The vaccines contained animal viruses, mercury, and live polio virus. The Polio vaccine actually spread the virus rather than cure it. Polio rate more that tripled after they started giving people the vaccine. It also spread a lot of other viruses, one of which was the monkey virus which developed into AIDS in humans.

Our Government and medical community did a lot to cover up this scandel. One of their concerns was that we would lose faith and money in other immunizations. Since that time, many new illnesses have emerged in the U.S., at the same time, Polio disappeared, not because the vaccine had gotten rid of it, but because they changed the diagnostic criterea so that they could call the illness many other things. Some of the illnesses that are suspected to be related to the viruses contained in the vaccine are AIDS, Aseptic Mennigitis, Gulf War Syndrome, because the soliders were given live Polio vaccine, Chronic Fatique Syndrome, Human Adenoviruses, Coxsackie, Echo, Herpes (HHV 6,7,8), Epstein Barr, Cytomegalovirus, mesotheliomas, and many other new rare diseases in the United States. The only genetic link I can find is between the Babyboomers who got these shots, and their children. These two generations have been far sicker than they should have been, compared to what would have been a normal rate of illness and cancer even after including all other possiblities for these occurances.

Please research the history of the Polio vaccine failure, there is so much more to this that I am not able to share with you in my own words.

I have the same problem my clitoris is so sore and swollen and I am red and sore inside the labia. If i scratch it or rub it just a little it bleeds. this stay all the time I haven't gone to a doctor yet because i can't afford to pay for it. Is there any over the counter drug or cream that would help. \