Collar bone lump

I (age 52/postmenaposal) just noticed one side of where my collar bone comes together at the center of my chest (2 center bumps) is larger than the other.  No pain.  Any ideas?
If it is a recent development, your collar bone probably misaligned a bit.  I have the same problem/injury myself, and the protruding clavicle bulbs at the base of the throat cause my shoulders to pull forward and round over.  It's good that your problem isn't nearly as serious as mines; for prevention you probably want to work on proper upper body posture (maybe periodic use of shoulder supports/braces) and the appropriate strengthening exercises.  If you do improve your clavicle bump problem I'd be curious to know, because i've been working on mines for almost a full year now.