Confused and in Need of Answers

So i had a regular period in November,but in December my period only lasted 1 1/2 days and was extremely light. I was talking to my pregnant friend and she said thats how hers was in October and she is now 4 months pregnant. I also was talking to my friend who recently had a baby and she said hers was the same before she found out she was pregnant. I have taken 2 hpt and they both came out negative. Could I be pregnant and when should i take a test?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

I'm going to chime in there and say that I am now 6 months pregnant and that's exactly what happened to me - but back in June :)  I had a normal period in May, a day of spotting in June, and now I'm 6 months along.  BUT, if you've had 2 negative tests, you may not be pregnant.  Have you been under any stress, added any new meds, changed your diet, went up and down in weight at all?  Are you using first morning urine when testing?  It could be something as simple as a change in your cycle.  
Helpful - 0
Well, i don't take any meds, i haven't changed my diet and i haven't been under any stress at all. i have gained like a pound maybe but i also havent used the first morning urine. i have been reading a lot about this in the last few days and back when i took the tests i didnt know that you were supposed to test in the morning, i was testing right before bed.
Helpful - 0
I think you have to wait a couple of weeks before you take them. but then again it depends on the test you are using. some are designed to detect earlier than others.
Helpful - 0
i know this but.. you didnt even answer any of my questions. sorry to be rude but i need answers, not someone telling me facts that i already know.
Helpful - 0
sorry this wasnt supposed to be to you. it was supposed to be to nixmandy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.