Could I have PCOS?

So far I have missed about 3 of my periods AFTER stopping birth control. I was taking birth control for around three years and decided that my periods had settled down a little bit (I had iron deficiency anemia from menstrual blood loss). To give a little background into how my menstrual cycle has been, I started my period very young -- around 7/8 years old -- and have had irregular and VERY heavy periods all my  life. Even on birth control, they were still notably heavy and uncomfortable. It wasn't until I started birth control that I had regular, monthly periods.
  After I decided to stop, I noticed that around the time my period was supposed to start, it did not. I am not sexually active and have not been for over a year now. I am not displaying any pregnancy symptoms, either, other than the missed period. Strangely enough, though, I did have a yeast infection recently, even though I have never had that issue before, and I have also gained about 20 pounds in the 3 months or so that I've stopped taking the birth control.
I don't think I am pregnant, but you never know -- I am in a relationship, and we do sexual things, but we have not have sex as my significant other is abstinate. I DO think, however, that I have PCOS. I do plan on going to my gynecologist but have not had time since I work full time and go to college full time. So, my question is, could I have PCOS? Or could it be something else entirely?