Could this be Cervical Cancer?

I've really began to freak myself out that I have cervical, or some type of vaginal cancer. I'm a 21 year old female. I've had three sexual partners and do not have hpv but do have hsv-1 in the genital region. Here's what I've been experiencing and changes in my health:

So about three weeks ago I started taking birth control pills. I've been experiencing some brown discharge(looks like/same texture as old period blood.) I've also been experiencing very light bleeding on and off and sometimes it just shows up a little pink on the toilet paper when I wipe, like it could also be blood in my pee possible. When my boyfriend and I have sex it's a little bloody during intercourse sometimes as well. I figured that this was just a side effect to the hormone changes I've been experiencing. I do remember that about two months ago I was experiencing some brown blood when I wasn't on my period but I figured that was just old blood.

I wasn't too freaked out by any of this until this morning.

I woke up and noticed that the left side of my vagina was kinda swollen. I'm not really sure how to explain where it's swollen but it was a little but of my labia majora but its more about my pubic bone area. I'm not sure if this is due to having sex the night before and having my bone/vagina rubbing on him or if its due to infection or possibly a sign of cancer.

The swelling has gone down slightly but the skin is a little tender. The skin looks normal, just swollen and tender.  

I will not that I got an STD check in June of 2015 and she took a look at my cervix and didn't see anything irregular. So that's the last time I got checked.

I have an appointment with my doctor later this week but It would be really helpful is anyone has any ideas about what this could be caused by.

Thank you so much!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  It is very doubtful that this has anything to do with cervical cancer or even your cervix. The brown spotting and bleeding is most likely due to an adjustment of the hormones as you start contraceptive pills.  And yes, the swelling is probably due to the friction of sex.  See what your doctor says this week since you have an appointment, but I would not worry about cancer.  good luck