Cramps, but not period cramps?

So for about a month now I have been having these really weird kinda painful cramps and I don't really want to call them cramps because its more of a throbbing pain. The pain is just below my below my belly and i have it all day long! No medicine can take the pain away. I know that they aren't my period cramps because they feel a lot different than those cramps. I am on birth control (almost a year now)  and when i first started having these cramps/pain i was nervous i was pregnant until my period came. My boyfriend i have currently is the second guy i have had sex with and i haven't even been having sex for a year. When i have sex i don't feel it, but as soon as we are finished, it does not take long for the pain to come back. I also have just became a vegetarian (about a month and a 2 weeks) and noticed this pain came a little while after i began and have been going on ever since then. I am starting to wonder if this pain i am having is just soreness from where my previous boyfriend was not hitting? Or if this is something more serious?
Lower central abdominal pain could be due to UTI, cystitis (bladder infection), trapped wind or intestinal gas, constipation, anxiety or kidney stones. Investigations like blood tests (CBC, ESR), urine test, x ray, ultrasound or CT/MRI scan can be required to rule out the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.