Cramps with no period, and not pregnant?

I am 23 years old, 5'0" 100 lbs. I have been taking birth control for the last eight years and haven't changed prescriptions at all. I currently do not have health insurance and can't afford an ER visit, and this problem isn't hurting enough to warrant the debt I'd be in to have it checked out. I just need feedback to figure out if this is something I should really be worried about or just something I should get checked immediately upon getting insurance back.

For at least a year now I have been getting a cramping sensation when I am not on my period. I am definitely not pregnant as I am on birth control and take it reliably. The pain comes and goes intermittently, lasting anywhere from a few minutes to a few days and recurs on an irregular schedule. Sometimes I'll get it for a few days and then not at all for a month or more, and sometimes I'll get it for the better part of a month solid. I can never really tell when it's coming or how long it will last. This time, I will be starting my period in about a week, but sometimes it happens two-three weeks before my period or immediately after, like prolonged cramping after bleeding has stopped.

It's never very painful, more like a minor irritation. The only sensation I can really compare it to is early period cramps, like that feeling you get when you're going to be starting soon. I can't tell where exactly it's coming from as it's a pretty generalized pain, sometimes going up my lower back and sometimes radiating into my sides. I don't know what other symptoms could be related to this, but I haven't noticed anything that, in my mind, could be linked.

Any ideas on what this could be?
Pain in abdomen can be serious and needs urgent medical attention. Some of the common causes of pain in abdomen are hepatitis or hepatic abscess, cholecystitis, perforated duodenal ulcers, appendicitis, diverticulitis, adenitis, abdominal abscess or hematoma, inflammatory bowel disease etc apart from the gynecological causes. You must consult a gastroenterologist as soon as possible for proper examination with tests like ultrasound, blood tests, biochemical tests etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.