DEPO PROVERA

On Dec. 5th,2003 i received my first shot of depo-provera. In the month of Jan. I spoted for almost 3 weeks straight, and for two days in the month of Feb.On March 6th,2004 i missed my second shot.On the 15, i felt my baby move for the first time ,and i am just starting to have pregnancy symptoms like sleepiness, frequent urination.I also startd my period again after missing my shot. I still continue to feel my baby on a regular basis. The only problem is that when i take a pregnancy test they all come up negative. I was wondering could the low levels of HCG be a side effect of DEPO-PROVERA, and that's why the test keep coming up negative? Also, could this mean that my baby isn't growing at the rate it should be ? What problems can this cause? What types of birth effects can occur? Or could this mean that there is something wrong with me?

Another problem is that i can't receive prenatal(kaiser permanente policy) care until I get a positive pregnancy test result.What can i do until the time being
If you can afford it go to the doctor and get a blood test
What makes you so sure you're pregnant if you got a negative result and a period AFTER you missed your 2nd shot?  I'm a little confused?  Also, if you were pregnant, you would not be able to feel your baby move this early.  And You can't get a period if you are pregnant, maybe some spotting but not a flow.

Either way, you should have a blood pregnancy test done, those will give you an accurate result.  Call you doc.  Good Luck w/ everything.
hey there,
             I would have to say that your probably not feeling a baby move.. probably gas.. i dont think that you are pregnant if your getting negative tests.. and if you were feeling a baby move.. you would def. get a ++.. i would have to say that your periods are probably messed up from the depo.. if you still assume your pregnant.. get a blood test from the doctor.. please take care

~*Chloe*~
i've been pregnant before , so i know what my baby feels like
well i think you need a blood test before assuming anything.. i dont think that your pregnant and getting -- tests.. if you were feeling a baby move you would def. have a ++ test.. i honestly dont think a baby could live and thrive and move around enough for you to feel it if you have low horomone levels.. at least low enough not to register on a test.. you honeslty need to be seen by a doctor and get some answers.. hope you find out whats going on..

~*Chloe*~
Hey,
  Just wanted to ask if you have gotten a blood test.  I have been told many times on this site just today that they are more accurate that hpt.  How far along do you think you are?  I'm not sure, but if you say you feel the baby move then I would definately make a first appointment with a doc anyway.  One office visit isn't that much, and he or she will answer all of you questions for you and if you get a + on blood test then most insurance will cover that first visit too.
My sister is a nurse. She said that a blood preg test can show an increase in hcg as early as two hours after conception.

I know you may think you feel a baby move, but i'm wondering if you have ever heard of fantom feelings. It's a very real thing, and if you have been pregnant before then you know what it should feel like so your body makes your brain think thats what it is.  Happens to a lot of amputies and women that have late m/c or still birth.

usually you can walk in to any health dept. and get a blood test the same day.

good luck
Just from my experence I was on depo shot and you have signs of pregnancy and are not pregnant and there is no way possiable you could feel you baby kick so soon you don't start feeling any movement until your about 4months pregnant I had a baby about 5months ago tomorrow is 5months and well I didn't actually really feel him move until I was 4months along maybe a lil ferther and I had a m/c on the depo shot the shot was in my systom but the shot killed the baby well anyways I don't think a baby would  make through the depo I might be wrong but I honestly dont belive your pregnant and you want have a period if your pregnant...

Depo doesn't kill a baby.  Many women have inadvertently received the shot without knowing they were pregnant.  It is obviously not optimal to receive the shot while pregnant, but it won't kill a healthy embryo.

I would also advise just going in to get a blood test.  You can even walk in to any planned parenthood and get a blood pregnancy test.  There is no side effect of depo that decreases HCG levels, so if you are pregnant, it should show if the urine test is done.  For SURE, a blood test will tell you.

The depo shot will cause irregular bleeding and lack of menses, weight gain, bloating, etc.

Good luck
Hi everyone!I am new to the boards. My DH and I went to the Dr.s for bloodwork yesterday.We had a couple of negatives on HPT's as well....but I am 14 days late with AF. Still waiting for the results...but my comment is about payment. MOST insurances won't pay until you have a positive result.My insurance is this way.We had to pay $12.00 up front for the test yesterday.That is not alot of money...and wouldn't you like to know what in the heck is going on with your body?It does sound to me like the "phantom Feelings"
Tara
mommy to Cassie 10/15/98
TTC#2
I went off Depo Provera after 2 shots in January.  I was supposed to get my injection mid-January but didn't.  Now I'm having nausea every day - almost all day long - fatigue, and sleepiness.  Mid-March, I had some spotting just for a couple of days, followed by SEVERE breast swelling and pain.  Then I had what seemed to be a normal period two weeks ago (5 days long, not very heavy, no cramping).  I am confused because I rarely get nausea and I am wondering if it's possible that I'm pregnant since I had a period.  Help, please.
Can you have a period and be pregnant?