DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A BIG DEAL?

Hello!  I am 33 yrs old.  I have UNITENTIONALLY lost 22 pounds since Nov/Dec.  I haven't had a period since the 1st wk of Feb.  (Not pregnant!)  My periods are always on time, never any problems, but they have MIA for 2 months now, and most likely it will be MIA in May..... I have stomach pain abdominal and pelvic.  Cramping every morning, ant often throughout the day, but definitely every morning.  Back pain, feeling of fullness, can't eat much, have sharp pains in my vaginal region like sharp shooting pains... What else?  I have some other issues, but those are looking like fibromyalgia according to my rheumy.  The bottom line is something is going on and I want to know what it is.  Yes, I've gone to my doc, she said to go to my GYN, which I will be doing this coming week.  But, in the meantime, does any of this sound familiar to anyone?  I have had two children in 2007, then 2008.  Nothing wrong, but the first was an emergency C-sect, then next was a planned C-sect..... I don't have to urinate frequently.  I don't have burning sensations.... But I got this crazy stomach thing and I have lost a lot of weight without any attempts to do so.    I did have an ultrasound in Jan.  it came out okay, except for the fact that they could not find my left ovary.... so, I don't know.... Just curious and I can't wait until my doctor's appt, so I look to you fine people of Medhelp.org.... THANK YOU!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yeah, my thyroid has been checked and re-checked, so unless it's some false positive thing, that's not it.  I have some other problems (possible fibromyalgia) so, I don't know if all of this is related or if it a few things.  I see the GYN on Tues, and I have a follow-up visit the following week with my rheumy who ran some blood tests, so I'll see what she finds out...... Otherwise, she's going to tell me I have fibro.  But, my thyroid seems to be okay.  I thought I had IBS, but with the weight loss, and no period, and the sudden vaginal pain, now I'm think it's my reproductive system.... So who knows.  If that is it, and it isn;t a death sentence, then that's fine, because I don;t want anymore children, as I have a highrisk of postpartum mood disorders, so, anyway...... Time will tell.... THen I have to go to the Gastro to see if it something else, but I'm just tired of going all over.  I know I need to be patient, but this doctor to doctor stuff has been since October, and I have yet to get a definitive answer, so now I know how other people feel waiting months/years even for a diagnosis..... then on top of that it seems like something is added every so often and each specialist seems like certain things are not a concern, but I'm thinking, this could all be related, but, anyway, I'll step down off my soap box and stay positive and optimistic as I usually try to do!  Thanks for a hearing ear, or shall I say a looking eye!  :)
Helpful - 0
You need to see your doctor about it. It's not normal to be losing weight that quickly without trying to. It could be a thyroid issue - which could make you lose weight quickly, and could also contribute to the period issues you've been having. A few simple blood tests should tell you!
Helpful - 0
I started losing weight, first.... Then in the end of Nov, my stomach issues started, then stopped in Feb.  That is when I had my last period.  I am still losing weight and my stomach problems have returned.  So, the weight loss came right before the stomach stuff...... We will see what the GYN says.  I also have to go to the GASTRO, so between the two of them, hopefully they can figure something out!  

Side point:  Two Fridays ago I weighed 162 according to doc.  Then a week later, I was back at the doc and weighted 161, then yesterday, I went to the doc AGAIN (for a horrible tetanus shot) and weighed 159, so I am losing weight on a weekly basis.....
Helpful - 0
You got a "stomach thing" (an illness?) and then lost weight?  Am I understanding correctly?  Have you since recovered from the illness but are still losing weight?  I know a lot of people lose weight while sick, sometimes to a great degree depending upon the type of illness, but usually stop after the illness is gone.  The weight loss is probably the cause of your delayed period, but your gyno will hopefully shed some light on what is going on with whatever tests she runs.
Helpful - 0
Sudden weight loss can definitely affect your cycles, so that could be the cause. However, the symptoms you describe could be due to something else, which could have also caused the weight loss too. Could be a cyst on your ovary (although that usually causes weight gain), PCOS or a number of things. Your symptoms don't necessarily make it sound like on particular thing, but your GYN should be able to do some examinations and hopefully find out what it is.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.