Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Dark brown bleeding and tubes tide

My tubes are tide for about 4 years now.  I have been on birth control up till 3 months ago due to irregular periods,  I just had a pap smear that came back clear, and started the day after.  I bleed heavily for about 4 days and have been prescribed medroxyprogesterone to control the bleeding. I have also just started taking a blood pressure medicine and am on my second week. I am 36 and have a sonogram scheduled on monday to prepare for an upcoming hysterectomy within the year.  The problem is i started spotting and cramping last night and today actually had to use a tampon. It is a very drk brown and thick color no abnormal odor.  But strong cramping, i get a headach and nausea right before i start and it brought me home from work.  Should i be concerned and contact my dr a out this or just wait until monday for my sonogram. I feel better this evening but have been abnormally tired and my blood test came back not anemic.  Just need advice. I am still cramping. Sorry this is so long.
1 Responses
1711789 tn?1361311607
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!

If the bleeding is not heavy and is not related to your regular periods, you could wait till a few days to see your doctor. In the event of heavy bleeding or symptoms such as dizziness etc, you may need to visit the ER.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.