Dark brown discharge after a short period. Please help, I'm stressin

This period started off as a  light dark blackish discharge and worked its way up to a heavy red(the normal) then after 2-3days, i started having a dark brown discharge that's occasionally reddish. I thought it was a sign that it was almost over because that's how it usually works for me. But this time, it just doesn't seem to be stopping... it keeps coming. There's no pain or really bad unusual Oder.
COMMUNITY LEADER
How long has the brown blood been there? How many days?  Brown blood or discharge is usually old blood and not uncommon after or at the end of your period. But going on forever is not really normal (as in more than a few days).  Sometimes brown discharge/bleeding is a hormonal imbalance.  That's not serious generally speaking but more of a pain.  I'd wait to see if it evens out but if it continues, see your doctor.  But I would not be worried in a sense that it is anything serious at all.  good luck
It's been going on for more than a week now... I'd say about a week and a half almost 2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community