Darker skin in pubic, genital, rectum areas and between legs.

The area between the vagina and the anus, the pubic area and the upper part of my inner thighs are significantly darker than the rest of my skin (is very embarrassing).  I am a white Latin woman and I do not use oral contraceptives.  I shave the vaginal and rectum area about 2 to 3 times a months.  Could the shaving be the cause of the darkening?  If so which is the best alternative to shaving?  I do not seem to have any kind of irritation.  I started to use hydroquinone 2% about a month ago, but I don
I don't know about the bump, but I'm pretty sure it's normal for your skin to be darker in the areas you describe.  I don't know what you can do about it.  Personally, I would just leave it alone.  If it's causing you embarrassment for some reason then see a dermatologist and see what they advise.
I'm also pretty sure it's normal up to certain point for the skin to be some how darker in certain areas.  But the difference in me goes from very fair to very dark brown and it was not always like that.  

The dermatologist will be the last option since I am not really eager to show my very, very private parts to a dermatologist, unless is absolutely no choice.
How about your gynecologist?  You should be getting a PAP regularly, and your GYN would certainly be the one with the answer.  As for the cream, that is kind of strong to be using in such a delicate area and it really won't do much good for lightening the skin in that area since it works on the epidermis layer of skin not the dermis.  What you are describing is normal coloring as most women have dark skin in the pubic/genital area. The bump could be an ingrown hair or cyst.  Again, check with your GYN doctor to be safe.
I agree with the others, what you describe sounds normal :-)
I saw a program on TV (I think the Style network) in which women were paying to get their skin bleached.
Have you noticed this at all under your arms or back of your neck? This happened to my daughter and I called her dermatologist. They told me to take her to an endocrinologist. I did. It is due to metobolic disorders. I'm having a brain freeze  or I would tell you the name of what she has.
Im 26 and am suffering from the same problem. I find it so embarssing going to the gym and swimming.  This is one thing that really puts me down aswell as my weight.  Ive been to like skin clinics and gthey charge like upto 3k fr the treatment but yet its not a gaurantee to get rid off it as its a laser treatment. The cons are that i could get burns and the skin colour could go darker or i may have pale marks on my legs after the treatment. Therefore i never went for the treatment.  I am loking for a treatment which is more effective and does not have any side effects.  I saw the forums posted and was woundering if someone could guide me the right way.
i have the same problem and iam only 16i have it dark in between the legs....and under my arms and in back of my neck ...i started to wonder if mabey i had some sort of vaginal infection or std .[[although iam a virgen]]=[[becouse of that ]].when i discoverd a pimple round and not able to be poped ...iam so embaraced....becouse i cant realii wear bathing suites or modellor enything i cant raise my hand..itz realii the onlii thinng avoiding me to be happy iam constiley pushing my shirt down always wearing my big jacket if i were much smaller and dint have that i would be happy ..i think getting rid of that would be great ..can eny one here help me...? my page is myspace.com/sexydominicanNcuban.......thatz my page leave me a message if enything ....
i am 26 years old and overweight, i have been diagnosed with pcos and have read that this can cause darkening between the legs and under the arms, i am suffering from the same thing and it is embarassing, i dont know a cure for it, sorry i cant help!! good luck!!!
i am 34 yrs old and i have always had fat thighs and a big bubble but. over the years from childhood, my inner thighs and under arms got darker due to chaeffing/skin irritation. the last time i wore a bikini was when i was in high school & weighed about 175... and even then... i was conscious about anyone seeing my inner thighs. now that i think about it... it wasn't that bad as it is now. now... i am 270 pounds and my goal is to get down to 150 pounds by next year. my question is... w/ out using any creams or lotions... will the discoloration of my inner thighs as well as my underarms change once i lose all the weight, or will it stay the same?
What you're describing is called Athancosis nigricans. If you are overweight you'll notice it gets darker and darker. There can also be skin tags in these areas. If you change your diet it can get better, also invest in a ROUGH loofa, it helps to get rid of the skin cells making your skin darker. I do have this and it hurts to scrub but it helps after. I noticed as I gained more weight it got darker. It's prevalent in Hispanics (as my two brothers and I are and have athancosis). Go to your doctor and tell him/her this is what you think you have and ask what treatments he/she suggests. If you let the weight get too out of control it gets worse and the better chance you have of getting the skin tags. My only suggestion is to get the weight down... I started eating 3 meals a day (small breakfast, lean cuisine or smart ones for lunch and dinner, also a fruit cup or sugar free popsicle for dessert. They also have Ice cream from dryers that only has 3 grams of sugar a serving and fat free)... it worked and I'm down in weight, I started to notice the skin lightening when I lost weight.
i have the same problem but the only thing is i am young and i am not overweight. I am an african amerrican girl 5'7 130lbs. My inner thighs are really bad....so bad that when i go to the beach i have to wear cover ups. This sucks cuz i live in Miami. Its even more embarassing when i want to get intimate with a guy....pls help! Does bleaching cream work?
It depends on the kind, for you being african american, there's a brand called "Ambi", it comes in a tan metal tube. My mother uses it for the dark spots on her face, it's marketed for african americans. She swears by it. It lightens without going too bright for the skin tone (you won't get bleached out spots) Give it a try, gotta try a few things before you hit the right cure. Just remember though, as long as you learn to be comfortable in your skin, everything will be fine. No one is perfect and I'll bet a LOT of other people have this problem.

Hope I helped,

Tiffany
I'm also suffering from darkness between the thighs. I'm 25 over weight approx. 5'6 n 200lbs. I also get little boyles in between the thighs. so not only is it dark, but scarred w/ dark spots from the boyles. Tell me I'm not alone please.
I have the same problem, I am asian but not overweight or anything. I have a dark skin on my inner thigh and the genital area. I dont know how I got that and just noticed and paid attention to it when I I was 16. Up until now still the same. I dont know if creams will work because I notice that now it looks like a birthmark already (deep into the skin). Bleaching seems harsh coz that area is super sensitive and might cause the skin to be more darker. it is very comforting to know that I am not alone with this issue.
well i have the same poblem between my legs and i started using lemon juice the stuff in the yellow and green bottle it only costs like $1.89 or so and i used it and a shade or two disappeared im still working on it though to see if it will fully work but if your gonna use it  then use the lemon juice like three times a week  and you will see improvement on the first day trust me rub at it but dont rub too hard or you will rub your skin off but get a hot rag and squeeze a little of it and scrub but not too hard just hard enough to see improvement and that bump situation i get those sometimes i really dont touch them because they usually go down it will make them go away faster if you use some baby rash cream thats what i use sometimes...hoped that this helped
Darkening under the arms and between the legs is usually caused by humidity, by sweat and friction from skin being rubbed against skin. I believe the simplest way to avoid/reduce this is to pay extra attention to those parts when soaping up, use a nice rich body lotion, and an effective deodorant (preferably in the form of gel or lotion, spray ons are not very effective) and that will prevent sweating. Bathe regularly. Good luck and hope this helps!
I have dark marks on my inner thighs to and they are embarrassing. im light skinned and my inner thighs are dark i think its digusting. Im scared of having sex with someone with lights on becuase they might think its nasty. what can i do about them!?
IDK about the bump.

I'm a light skinned African American female. The pigment between my buttcheeks is black though my skin color is close to Mariah Carey's. I also have darker skin under my armpits and a little between my thighs (from rubbing I guess). The best thing for the thighs is baby powder. I say you're normal ;-D
I have the exact same problem. The skin hyperpigments when it gets irritated. There's not much I could do about the spot between the thighs/vagina, etc. but I do alot for my armpits. I moisturize (armpits dry out really easily), use tend skin on ingrown hairs (i used to pick them out with tweezers it got quite nasty), and then use a product from DERMADOCTOR, Total NonScents Ultra-Gentle Brightening Anti-Perspirant, it gradually removes the darkness over time. It's $30, http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=825&WID=%7B8DC7ED7D%2D1FEE%2D4D9F%2DAC9E%2D83AB0CBA3C1D%7D

I think it's probably just normal. Oh, also, you can wax the armpits to help too, instead of shaving.
Don't worry about it. Trust me, guys don't notice little things, or if they do they don't care. I have really really white stretch marks all over my thighs, and I have really skinny legs too so I always thought they ruined my legs. I used to play volleyball and I was self conscious but I realized all girls have imperfections. Guys really won't care as long as you're confident.
well yea i kno dat i dont really have much of that anymore but oh well there are alot of people who have this problem... & yea sumtimez this makez me feel bad... but i guezz it aint a big deal... :) thankz fo da advice... & u all women who have dark in their inner thighz dont worry... cuz if your overweight thats wut caused that becuase of the friction between your legs when you walk your thighs rub together & datz wut caused the black markz... maybe losing weight will help but the black marks wont really go away much cause thats the color of your skin already... but yea.. ive tried stuff too but they dont really work... so i cant really help much.. :)
yeah, I don't want to get intimate with anyone either! b.c to me it looks disgusting so how would they think? my vaginal area is black and the skin outside of it is a lighter brown color, but now i hear i can't lighten that area b.c. it's not part of the epidermis – pretty messed up
wowwww omg i have the SAMEEEE issue, i am a white girl, I have dark skin between my thighs (anal/vaginal area) i am 17, and a virgin, scared to get intimitate my bf afraid he will say something or make a face... ewww. but guess what? he saw and said 'damn baby, i love that darker skin right there' (pointing at it) I was soooooo embarrassed and I started blushing. he thought it was adorable. something i am still sad I have, has made me realize something. If a guy really likes you he won't care about **** like that. he wont care if you have cottage cheese thighs or butt cheeks. he will love you for you. and i hope every single one of you ladies finds that man. best of luck my friend.

:)