Depo-Provera - have not had a period in five years, but am now spotting, why?

I am 28 years old and have been on Depo-Provera for about 6 years.  I entirely stopped having periods about 5 years ago, but just last evening, I had some light spotting, and it has continued on to today.  If it continues tomorrow, I plan on calling/seeing my doctor, but in the meantime, can you give me insight on what may be causing this?  
With Depo anything is possible....
I was on it for nearly 8 years...
Too many problems...too many to list.
Problem is....It was wonderful being on it..not one side effect...
UNTIL I GOT OFF....
It has been quite the nightmare.
There is a woman who has dedicted  10 years of her life gathering testimonials from women who have taken depo...even wrote a book about it...Google it....you will be amazed...SCARY
I know I haven't answered your question...but maybe if you had an idea what depo can do to u in the future...you may decide not to take your next shot.
Jack
Yep, I had a period for the entire time on depo. It didn't work out for me. Your hormones may be fluctuating. Best wishes.