Depo Provera Birth Control

I just completed my Lupron Depot therapy and now my GYN wants me to go on Depo Provera because he feels this is the best course of treatment to continue with. I had heard that it caused a great amount of weight gain and asked him about that and he said that the drug does increase your appetite and if you reach for cake instead of fruit you WILL gain weight.

I did some research on the net and now I wish I never had because I read so many horror stories about the drug. Then again I also read horror stories about the Lupron shot and I was fine on that. Another thing I'm worried about is that they say once you get injected whatever side effects you have you have for three months. I'm getting married in 4 months and I don't need any crazy side effects like migraines lasting that long when I'm trying to plan for my special day!

So does anyone have any info they can give me?
I didn't have any problems with the depo shot. I think it is like all medications that are out there. They all have side effects but we don't all get them.