Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Depo

I got the depo injection on the 19th September on the 5th day of my period and since  then I've been feeling very tired and have ended up going to bed early with the earliest time 7:30pm, and I was due to start my next period between the 17th and 22nd October but haven't had anything yet but I heard the depo can stop your periods  together, will this effect my firtility and any chance of having children in the future, I'm only 17.
4 Responses
It isn't uncommon not to have a period. And I ever wanted to do on it was sleep. As far as fertility goes mu ob told me twice the length of time I was on it is how long it could possibly take to het pregnant again. Go do some research on it for yourself so you can feel more comfortable being on it
Thank you I'll do that.
9334757 tn?1418159988
Do not take depo any more it will affect your chances of pregnancy late on.
I'm due to get my next one on the 5th December so I'll speak to the nurse then thank you.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.