Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Dermoid Cyst

Hi, It's been discovered that I have a dermoid cyst. I was sexually active about 2-2 1/2 years ago. If I have the surgery and send the cyst for biopsy is it possible that this indescretion may be revealed. I am unmarried and only 23 years old and very scared. I understand that dermoids usually contain hair, nails, blood and other tiny organs. Please help.
1 Responses
No.  The cyst was formed by a problem with ovulation.  The egg didn't go through the whole process correctly.  Cysts are very common.  Dermoid cysts have hair, nails, etc. in them because the egg is a gamete with half the DNA needed to make a baby.  Nothing about they cyst will reveal that you've had sex.  No one can know by looking at your body.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.