Deviated Septum

I am 28 years old, I have been told that I have a small deviated deptum. The doctor said that that he would go ahead with the IVF. My question is my heath care wants at least $5000 for the surgery. We have to go threw in vitro anyways, beacuse my husband has such a low count. Do I run the risk and try to get pregnant with out the surgery. Or do I spend the money and have the surgery done. I am worried about getting pregnant and having a miscarrige! what do I do?
If you have any advice, I would love to hear!! Mercedes
I understand that you mean uterus septum from” deviated septum” which is a form of a congenital malformation where the uterine cavity is partitioned by a longitudinal septum. Pregnancy can occur in this but it is associated with a higher risk for miscarriage, premature birth, and malpresentation. Before getting the IVF done, it is best to discuss the treatment options of septate uterus with your gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.