Difference:pms and pregnancy symptoms

Hi! My question is how can we differentiate pregnancy and pms symptoms?Every month i have symptoms like breast tenderness,tiredness,digestive problems,bloating and twinges in lower abdomen for about a week prior to my period.All of these symptoms resemble early pregnancy symptoms.Since i have been ttc,it becomes very difficult for me to understand during the two week wait.Kindly share your opinions.
I am 29 yrs old. We are trying for a baby and this is our first month. Lately I have been feeling very tired and sleepy, and this has been on since 5 days now. I got cramps couple of times...but not that bad...just slight one's. I spotted last week. My period was due yesterday...I get regular periods with a cycle of 30 days. Yet I haven't got....and this waiting time is stressing me. Is the stress causing my periods to delay? I have not felt week and tired b4 my periods b4. Also i have been having constipation since past 3 days. No other symptoms. Can i be preggo?
Hi all,

I am due for my period on 22 April. I was not having any PMS 1 day before, but from today I am having uterine cramps...with that I am also having nausea. (generally i do not have nausea in my PMS). I was hoping that I am pregnant until my uterine cramps started. I eagerly want to get pregnant..

Can help me in this....can i be pregnant if I experience PMS, (especially uterine cramps)?
I think this is a great site...so much support and helpful advice. My husband and I have been TTC for 5 months (this is the 5th month). I'm on day 27 of my cycle. I'm not sure when to test. Obviously, you know how hard it is to wait. But here is what my cycle has been:

January - 34 days (this was unusual)
February - 31 days
March - 28 days
April - 26 days
May - 27 days
June - ????

When should I test? I want to today, but I'm afraid it's too early.
hey Amy...im in the same boat as u...Thanks to u too for sharing ur story....we wre trying since a year for the baby...everymonth hoping for +ve results  in HPT,that turns to -ve always...this month again hoping for the best...All the best for u
How many of you have had luck after your HSG test? My husband and I have been trying for 2 years , 6 of those months we quit because my husband ( 31 years old) was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. They can't find anything wrong with me or him now and it has pretty much been declared unexplained infertility. I had the HSG 2 weeks ago and my husband and I TTC last week. My doctor says I am more fertile than I have ever been due to the fact of having the test and cleaning my tubes. Other than being a little nauseous, I don't really feel pregnant but my period should come this weekend . If not , I will be rejoicing. I take all the baby dust I can get. We have tried for so long.
I wish u the best of luck! I am 29 and not TTC...however I had unprotected sex within the same week of ovulating!!! My period isnt due until Sept.24....9 more days of waiting uggh!!! I have had soooo many symptoms and its hard to distinguish PMS from Pregnancy!!! My sore/tingly breasts and the sporadic cramping being the most bothersome! Oh yeah forgot the main one.....the fatigue.....but I also get these along with PMS as well so I am at a loss! Good luck to all!!!!!!  :)
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
You and I are on the same page. My AF is due on today  I am very anxious to take the pt but i am going 2 wait. I had a dream that I took a pt and it was + and my hubby & I were sharing the news to others. I have been a little sick at times but I am very tired. I have little cramping and I keep checking to see if  AF is coming. I had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago & I am nervous and excited to see what happens. I will keep u all posted...i plan to to take pt this sat.
What about leaky nipples can that just be a PMS symptom?
I am scheduled to have my next menstrual cycle on the 7th of october. But today I have slight spotting and bloating with backpain....my typical PMS symptoms. I have been trying to get pregnant after having done a laparoscopy 3 months ago for bilateral ovarian endometriosis. Could what I am experiencing now be implantation symptoms or simple my menstrual cycle coming early?
I hope this is your month!  If it isn't, keep at it!  Try to have fun with it though & don't let it drive you crazy (speaking from experience).  You can find websites to tell you what foods to eat to help you conceive.  Good luck :)
I am so with you on your posting! We are trying for baby as well, my next menstrual cycle is October 12. I am having cramps and praying hard that it is implantation symptons as well and not my period. I am going to be 37 years old, I am so looking forward to being a mother and sharing this next phase with my loving husband and family.  I AM WISHING YOU THE VERY BEST!!!:)
I am suppost to have my next mesnrtual cycle Oct. 11 and have been having mild like cramps, Im not sure if it is premenstural cramps or early pregnancy cramps of implantation. Lately, Ive been getting headaches, and the other day I could hardly stand to eat my pasta, it was making me feel sick! When I sleep I somewhat have this weird pain like cramping feeling on my lower right abdominal area. Ia m also expercing gas and constipation abd always burping. Can somebody please help me... what amI feeling?
Please or to view.
I am on cycle day 28 I usually have a little breast tenderness just before af but the last couple nights it has been horrid! hurts to even sleep on my left side at all and then today they have felt heavy and achey all day long! I usually get loose bowls and I am so constapated that my side twords the back hurts. and I usually have cramps by now and I am usually a b**** by now but no cramps and I fill pretty good! Do any of you think I could be pregnant?
You ladies should check out the babymed site and check out the fertility ovulation calculator. It's a very detailed calendar that tells you step by step, what is going on in your body. If conception occurred, it also breaks down where the embryo is and when to test for pregnancy. All you need is the date of your LMP and which cycle you are on....28 days, 30 days, etc. Check it out, it's a great tool for those TTC and for those who suspect that they may be pregnant. Good luck to you all!
i had a tubal ligation with clamps 5 years ago (23 yo) and up untill once fell off (my left one) i get my period every 2 months luck you may say but i beg to differ as i never really know whats going on since i only have one clamp on now (i think) however i have been looking it up and i have been reading that theres a syndrome called post tubal ligation syndrom (ptls) that it may make my periods infrequent, as well as i did have ovarian systs in my teens i have had 3 children and they seemed to have gone away, so on to the situation at hand i am now 3.5 months late which is a all time record for me since i have had children my last being 5 years ago so now im getting mad back paid and dizzyness and nausa i cant really tell if my nipples are dark or anything because since i have had my 3rd they have stayed kinda dark i think...got mommy brain mixed with crs lol. anyway im not sure if its pms or pregnancy someone pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so me and my bf split up about 4 months ago which the last time that i had sex. i remember being scared that i was pregnant but was glad to find out that i wasnt the following month when i had my period. the next 2 months after that i had my regular period. but then last month 2 weeks after my period i experienced spotting. didnt really think much of it until this month. i am now a little over a week late on my period and have gained a couple lbs throughout these past 4 months. i dont feel like im pregnant but i am a little scared to think that i could be. idk what i should do now????
Hello I need some help.. My husband and I had sex 2 days before my period and the first day of my period. he came inside me all the time we had sex. so my period was supposed to come 11/29/11 and is 12/3/11. im usually not late and im having bad cramps, my breast hurst and my lower bac is killing.
can I be pregnant?? plz help me
I'm not sure whether I'm pregnant cos still got 4 to 7 days my period due cos my cycle is 34days. But I start to feel breast tender/sore and nipple pain. My lower abdominal and lower back has pulling and uncomfortable feeling for at least a week already. My husband and I start to have unprotected sex after 3 days of my period. I cant do any test cos too early to test. but can i be pregnant with all these symptoms?
Please or to view.
I am experiencing the exact same things that you are.  We are ttc and according to my charts I am 13dpo... I have taken a test and it was negative.  I just feel different...I never have gas or bloating like I have been.  Not tired, no tender breasts... but for the last 2 nights I have been really tired but just toss and turn.. NO SLEEP!  I just keep praying that maybe my dpos are off and the hcg is not showing itself yet.  I really wanted to tell my hubby's parents that I was preggo for Christmas.  I had a plan of how we were going to tell them.  I am supposed to start tomorrow.  No cramps like af is coming today.. just backache...weepy...hungry..twinges..dull cramps some days.. headaches... Baby Dust to all!
I'm having pregnancy symptoms I had somewhat af I'm so lost I've taken tests 1st was faint pos other been neg but supposedly I'm 5wks I'm confused
im a 40 year old parent of a 19 year old daughr=ter and a 2 year old grandson all i know is i missed my period last month ive been having period cramps my back hurts i feel sick sometimes can some body please tell me wat to do confused
Hi there! Have you tested again yet? I am in the exact same boat! I'm 14dpo, would really like to know before Christmas. :) I've been experiencing the very same symptoms plus  breast tenderness and extreme unusual bloating. Some waves of nausea. I've tested but all neg. I haven't tried fmu yet though, self preservation, lol. Ive had short cycles 22 days since getting off iud in Aug, and I'm past 22 days, although I have shown to have an average of 24 days, since one month my period was 29 days late... just hate the wait! Let me know if AF starts or if you test again. Best of luck, sticky sticky baby dust to you!!!
I am 30 and my husband is 27. I have two children ages 13 and 11 and was on the depo shot for about ten years after the birth of my daughter. I have now been TTC since May 2010 with no luck and I'm wondering if my cycles are still irregular because of having been on the depo shot for so long. Although they have always been irregular, in fact before depo I would go months without AF. I did not have any AF during the ten years of depo.

My last six cycles have been (from latest to soonest) 37 days, 37 days, 34 days, 35 days, 34 days, and 32 days. My LMP was Nov 22 which puts me at 32 CD today.

I tested yesterday (BFN) but have very pronounced PMS signs (tender breasts, left abdominal cramps, dizzy spells, pronounced sense of smell, fatigue, nausea, and crabbiness) which isn't especially normal for me. This month is the first time I've used an OPK which showed positive on December 07. We had sex on December 4, 8,9,11, and 15 and am hoping for a BFP by Christmas since he doesnt have any biological children of his own and wants one very badly.

I too am frustrated with testing and getting repeated BFN but am unsure of when I may have ovulated since I don't have regular cycles. Am thinking about waiting to test again on Christmas morning for a nice present which would be CD 34. Not sure again if I'm late since I don't really have regular cylces.....

Baby dust to all and wish me luck. I'll keep you girls posted on my results.

Thanks!

Thanks!
well not the news I was looking for, no baby gift for xmas this year. But I guess there's always next month to keep trying. Dam you AF.
I am so confused right now. I'm due next Friday, breast r full, some bloating. Have experienced nausea like crazy, weird taste n my mouth. Body temperature is a little elevated. Praying we r pregnant.
Hi There,
I need some advice....I'm on birth control...but I basically missed my last period, I had one day of minimal spotting.  I have taken three pregnancy tests and they came back negative so I have been waiting to see if I get my period this month but it is a few days late.  I have sorness in my breasts and cramps but I usally have cramps with my period.  I don't know if this is just a symptom of my period or if I'm having pregnancy symptoms.  Does it happen often that you test negative for pregnancy tests...should I go to the doctor?  Any suggestions would be great...I don't know what to think.  Thanks so much :).  
hi im new to this site, im 25 my name is lisa ive been trying for baby number 3 from november my period is due on the 27th but ive been getting cramps and feel bigger could i been pregnant>?
Hi Everyone!

I'm glad I found this site. It's great!  My husband and are trying to get pregnancy and we been doing everything like we're supposed to; however, I am not sure if I am pregnant yet or not. It's too early for a test.  I started getting cramps a few days after we had sex, and I've had some nausea, headaches, breasts are tender.  But, now I am getting cramps as if I am getting my period; however, the cramps are mild.  If I were to get my period, it should come on the 29th or 30th, which is a week from now.  Has anyone experience anything like this before? I've never been pregnant before and am SO eager to get pregnant.  Are mild cramps normal?  Especially so close to when you would usually get your period? Could I not be pregnant? :-(
SO im am 8days late on my period and have taking like 5 pregnancy test and all coming up negative me and my husband have been trying to have a baby so im excited but dont want to be to excited im so confused !!!! =( pls help
I was wondering how long it takes to get pregnant after having iud removed , had mine removed almost a week ago. And what does af stand for
Hey Keke...af stands for aunt Flo, aka your period. You should be able to get pregnant immediately after iud removal, however, I would recommend that you wait until your cycles become more regular so you know when you should be ovulating. Good luck!
I'm 9 days late  and we have been trying for a baby the whole month... had sex most days when I'm ovulating practically we would have sex everyday or just skip a day and try again. My periods were due on the 15th but on that day I was experiencing cramps and back pain, I took a hpt but it was negative... I took one again 2days ago but it is stil neg, I have been having this cramps on both my ovaries, back pain, nausea sometimes and I start feeling agitated sometimes too... Even now I'm experiencing those cramps. Could I be pregnant or just my periods cramps...? Worried but I really hope and pray that I'm pregnant.
I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not. I technically should've had my oeriod by now but i started taking birthcontrol this month. I have been using birthcontrol for over a year but this month I started taking them late so I think my hormones would cause my period to be late. however i notice that I cry for really no reason and I feel a tight feeling in my lower pelvic region which I hadn't really felt that before, and I know its not cramps because it doesnt really hurt. could anyone tell me before I take a pregnancy test this weekend?
Hi All

I started trying from June 2011 and concieved in November 2011. I have harmonel problem and get my periods after having duphaston. December i did not get my cycles nad i felt that i have concieved but my blood report of b-HCG was negative. Doctor gave me Ovural and i got mild bleeding on dec 8th which lasted for 13 days and result was miscaraige. After i went fo rmy b-HCG test my levels of BHCG was 1400 which was high and i found it was ecotopic pregnance. i waited for my first cysle and tried again for concieveing. I am not sure when i ovulated coz of irregular cycles, i would like to know whetehr mensuration and early pregnancy symptoms are same. My cycle date is March 28th due but from last 3 days i am feeling uneasiness as vomitted mild breast tenderness and bloated stomach.

Can anyone help me knowing can it be pregnancy symptoms or mensuration symptoms?

Idk what to think.. I have been feeling so tired like I could sleep all day and it still wouldn't be enough sleep.. i usually have a normal ap. but i just don't feel like eating.. i have to see or smell something before i know if i want it.. i am sick to my stomach sometime, mostly after i wake up and at night.. my hubby says i am really touchy about everything.. he has always smacked when he chews but here lately i want to smack him when he does it.. :) lol and like i never noticed till like 2 days ago that he talks just way way to much.. i guess i am kind of moody.. I love my dude he is my bffl.. my head will be fine then out of no where i will get the worst headache i've ever had.. my sugar always feels low, and i pee a bit more than usual.. and i can't get enough to drink.. i have slight twingy cramps and bloating.. Is these things common in pregnancy, like the symptoms and stuff? I don't usually have these symptoms with my PMS.. I'm going to the doc tomorrow.. let me know any info helps..  
Oh and this maybe tmi but i have a bunch of egg white stuff coming out.. its been coming out for like 2 weeks and seems to be constant now..
I am 21 years old and my husband and I have been married for 6 months now and we have never used protection. we didnt have sex till after we were married but I am pretty sure i had a miscarriage about the second month of us being married but now i am feeling nauseated a lot that always comes with mid back pain. I also have been super exhausted, i sleep for 10 hours a day and take naps and am still always tiered..... I keep getting pretty bad cramps in my mid and lower stomach and have had diarrhea for the past week and a half. I was due to start my period yesterday but i took prednisone before i thought I could be pregnant and one of the side effects is messed up periods.... i want to take a PT but I dont want to be dissapointed again. we want to have a baby so bad and all of my family has always been so fertile (except me i guess :( ) could i be pregnant or is this just side effects from prednisone?
Hello all,
I have a question. I am about three-four days late for my period. Three days ago I had light spotting but a period did not come after. This has never happened to me before, if I begin to spot a period comes soon after!! I have light cramping, breast tenderness, and dirrhea which is not common for me at all. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also I took one pregnancy test and it came out negative. Could I be pregnant?
It's true, I have had four babies and the feeling is just different... I had kinda a nauseous feeling the first three months, that never left. And the fatigue was extreme compared to pms. However, my pms is steadily worse after each pregnancy...fun!! ;)
I think what you are saying is right...I am going thru this every month and its devastating...etime when I have perids symptoms I want to believe its pregnancy symptoms..its crazy..
I'm 16 years old and on the pill, but a few weeks back I got a kidney infection. I didn't know you had to wait 7 days after you got off of the antibiotics and I had unprotected sex before the 7 days was up. I've been experiencing lower abdominal cramps and lower back cramps as well and I'm not due for my period for another week.. I've also been feeling sick to my stomach very often and extremely fatigued. Does this all mean I'm pregnant..?
I had sex on 12-21 till 12-25 got my period on tha 25th and then had sex again on the 28th and my bf came in me all dose times and im 5 days late with my period I took a test this mornin but came back negative and I am ttc,could I be pregnant?

COMMUNITY LEADER
Well, if you are having unprotected sex, then you can always be pregnant when your period is late.  good luck
Hello everyone. I'm just another voice to add to the infertility struggle. I understand a lot more of how you all feel than I ever thought I would.

We conceived our first child with no problems and the pregnancy was perfect. We waited a year to start trying for another not thinking we would have any issues. Now we are into our 2nd year of ttc and it is very hard. At the end of the first year of ttc, we had a positive test and a few days later it was negative - chemical pregnancy. That was incredibly hard after a whole year of trying to get a positive that didn't stick. Then I believe we had a chemical pregnancy the month after that also. I was so low that I wasn't testing but had all the symptoms - late period, cramps etc.

Our Dr. is very supportive and allowed us to do the HSG test even though she didn't suspect any problems. I did however wonder if a previous C-section and ruptured appendix as a child had anything to do with it.

Thankfully all that came back fine and we are back in the waiting game. I am feeling the same this month as I did with the 2 early M/C or chemical pregnancies - strange cramping for the past week and af is not due for another 4 days. I am afraid the same thing is happening again.

So nice to see all those positive comments of success - and sorry to those of you who also experienced losses !!!

Please or to view.
I just had my period last week it hasn't been normal since September I had two periods in that month I'm always active but lately I've been tired & lazy along with the dizziness my sleeping routine is the same why would be I'm only 35 ye old woman can you still be pregnant & still have a monthly period