Difficulty conceiving after D and C

I had a miscarrage and a D and C in August 2011. We have been trying to conceive since September without any luck. My periods are now very irregular and very heavy. Is this a normal occurance for some women?
Hi there!

Termination of pregnancy is often followed by irregular menstruation cycles; these usually get regular with time. Heavy periods could be associated with hormonal/ endocrine issues, infections, inflammations, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest consulting a gynaecologist for an evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!