Discharge While On Metronidazole

I went to the doctor's this last Thursday because I needed my Pap smear redone because three months prior he told me that my Pap had come back abnormal. When I went in on Thursday he said he thinks I have Bacterial Vaginosis and prescribed me Metronidazole Vaginal Gel - one dose before bed for 5 nights and he also mentioned I have a mucus plug. Last night was my third night on the treatment and since leaving the doctor's office I have had some bleeding and since starting this treatment I have noticed that large amount of brown discharge. The discharge looks like little blood clots leaving my body and they have not stopped. I'm getting concerned one because they haven't gone away and two because I was already two weeks late on my period. I'm not sure what I should do?!
There are several reasons why a woman have delayed menstruation and this could be due to unhealthy diet, stress (emotional or physical), sudden weight gain or loss, caffeine, alcohol, and smoking. Gynecological conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and uterine cysts or polyps, can also bring about alteration in menstrual cycle. However, pregnancy is still the most common cause of delayed or missed period.

So if there is a history of any unprotected intercourse then pregnancy should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hey I am experiencing the same problem. What did you do to fix this problem? I am getting worried.
I’m in the same boat here right now. Did it go away? I know I’m late