Do periods always come back after surgery?

I'm hoping this helps anyone going through this rare situation, and I have a question for others as well. Two years ago (age 24) after several tests and second opinions, I had one ovary removed due to testosterone producing tumor. I had racked up several symptoms by then:
Extremely high testosterone levels
Enlarged clitoris
Excess hair growth everywhere...
Some thinning at the temples
Aggression
High sex drive
Depression
Lots of muscle tone/mass
Weight gain around the midsection
Breast reduction

Good news is it wasn't cancerous. I went back on the pill for almost a year and decided to stop at the beginning of January.

Results after surgery:
My hormone levels went back to normal within 3 months of the surgery
Excess hair didn't go away, but I am getting laser treatments for my face right now
Clitoris size hasn't changed
Aggression, sex drive, and depression are all back to normal
Still have muscle and lost weight
Breasts are now larger

My problem right now is that I'm worried about my period coming back. I had regular periods on the pill, but now that I'm off I'm just waiting for my period. It's only a few days behind schedule, but I don't know what "normal" is and when to expect it. Also, I am not pregnant and haven't had sex since last period so that's not an issue.

Anyone know anything about this?

This discussion is related to testosterone secreting ovarian tumor - stromal leydig cell.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community