Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.7k Members

Endometriosis, Birth Control, and Side Effects of Treatment

I'm 22 and have already had several issues with my reproductive health. I have endometriosis and have had a laparoscopy for treatment that never truly resolved the pain. For treatment, my ob-gyn thought the pill would be the best option. After two years of being on the birth control pill, I developed a serious blood clot that nearly traveled to my heart. (If anyone has any questions about that, I'd be happy to answer!) So now I can no longer take any hormone therapy (ever) and I strongly suggest caution to those who use it! I'm facing two problems: treatment for endometriosis and an effective form of birth control. My latest suggestions from the ob-gyn are the drug Lupron for the endo and the Paragard IUD for birth control. I'm concerned about the side effects of both of these and I was hoping for some advice from anyone who has had experience with either! I'm in a monogamous relationship and have no children but would like preserve my fertility for later! I have a good relationship with my doctor but I think nothing is better than talking to others with similar problems. Thanks!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.