Excessive body heat

I am constantly overheated.  My body temperature is always normal but I seem to "throw off" my body heat all day long.  Even at night with the air conditioning on I am constantly throwing the covers off, my husband uses me to warm the bed up in the cold months, it only takes me about 10 minutes to totally warm up a king size bed.  I am sitting here at work doing nothing but typing on the computer and I am overheated.  Is this possibly a medical condition of some kind.  It is driving me nuts!
HI MORGAN HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THIS?WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR TEMPERATURE DO YOU USE A MERCURY THERMOTER?IF NOT TRY USING THAT.A DIGITAL THERMOTER DOES NOT ALL WAYS GIVE AN ACCURATE READING.WHAT OTHER PROBLEMS ARE YOU HAVING?DO YOU SKIP PERIODS?ARE YOU LOSING WEIGHT WITH OUT TRYING?HOW DOES YOUR HAIR LOOK?YOU MIGHT HAVE THYROID DISORDER.IF YOU DO YOU NEED TO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT.I AM NOT A DOCTOR,JUST SOME ONE WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND WELL BEING.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406.P.S.LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THOSE SYMPTOMS.TAKE CARE.
I second the comment about possible thyroid problems (hyperthyroidism).  Other symptoms can include tachycardia (fast heart rate), weight loss despite eating at least a normal amount (maybe more), feeling "jittery", and protruding eyes.  Are you having any of these?  You should get yourself checked out.
I still have all my hair, I can't lose weight even when I try.  I do have hypothyroidism and take Synthroid. I will check with my endocrinologist and see what he has to say.

Thanks for the ideas.
If you're taking Synthroid, it might be a good idea to check with your endo to see if the dose needs to be decreased.  If the dose is too high, the symptoms will be those of hyperthyroidism.
hello i'm donna and i have a problem with my body overheating at night. i have hot flashes and take medication for it, but,  my body tends to get really hot at night when i go to bed. between this and my hot flashes i am totally miserable at night and losing a lot of sleep behind this what is wrong with my body???? please help
This is an old thread you have posted on, but I'll help you if I can.  Is the medicine for menopause or something else?  If not menopause, have you been checked for it or other hormonal issues?  You might let your doctor know what is happening and ask specifically about hormones.
I had my thyroid checked. Multinodular goiter, benign.
I had body heat, heart palpitation, lack of sleep.
Doctor-radiologist sent me home , said it is OK.
I do not know what to do with my body heat....please help.
I have slightly high thyroid antibody.
I have low body heat and it makes me stiff every day until I take a hot bath to warm myself up.  Do I have low body heat and if so what condition could it be and what herb can i take for it.
hi, im roxanne. i am often told by people who i sleep with, my daughter included, that my body is really hot. although i dont really notice this and there are no discomforts either. infact,i have very low tolerance of cold.
i just want to understand my body. is this normal? should i seek the doctor?
could anybody explain to me this condition? thanks
I had a blood transfusion 18 years ago and I started being really warm alot now that I have begun having hotflashes I am on fire all day long, I can barely stand being away from air conditioning and my family complains about the house being too cold.  Does anybody know if this could be from a transfusion because I think that when I started being hot.
Can anyone suggest me some cure(food) for excessive heating.i hav no disease or disorder.
I have had the problem of excessive body heat and excessive sweating as long as I can remember (I am now 56).  I can be sitting in my office, air conditioning on, and all of sudden start dripping sweat that actually will land on the papers I am working on.  It appears to have no relation to the temperature - although it is always accompanied by the body heat.  I'm not sure which is the cause and which is the effect!   My excessive sweating is not under the arms, or feet or hands.  Instead it seems localized above the neck, which I found is called "cranio facial hyperhidrosis".    I did my own research to find this, and I also found that many doctors are unaware of this condition and/ro its debilitating effects, and want to shrug it off as "we all do that sometimes" or "it;s just menopause" despite the fact that I've had if for the last 4 decades.  Looking back, I know my mother suffered from it also, although she passed away some time ago.,  It has been a lifelong disability - preventing me from participating in any sports - even in high school,  or going anyplace you walk around outside when it's hot.  Actually, it doesn't even have to be hot.  Inside stores - even with a/c - I always seem to get hot within a few moment (it's like it comes on when it's stuffy).    I can't remember the last time I bought anything with long sleeves and was able to wear it for any length of time.  I layer everything.  I cannot wear sweaters, coats - it's just totally debilitating.  I am currently trying to pursue some kind of treatment for the hyperhidrosis (which may actually be a side effect of the excessive body heat, for which I have no diagnosis) from my doctors, but I find I am educating them, rather than the reverse.  If anyone knows what this is called - or any treatment for either the excessive body heat or excessive facial and head sweating - please share - ...