Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Excessively long and heavy period

I am 46, never had children, extrememly healthy, always regular periods. Diagnosed with fibroids 6 years ago, and they seem to have remained same size. NO meds at all in 3 years, Last 2 years periods inconsistent, went 6 months without then heavy and monthly for 6 months. Stopped in Jan. for 3 months started in April. This one is currently on the 13th day, very heavy and I am getting concerned. Had minor hot flashes last year, when I started having these, treated with primrose oil suppliments and they went away. Weight gain over two years of 20 lbs, exercise, diet and habits all same. Exercise minimum 4 x's week. Had preganancy 2 years ago was unexpected and "tubular", this I am sure brought on all changes. My question is how long do I go on before seeing doctor, is this just a mid-age problem or related to fibroids which according to GYN they had actually seemed to shrink between visits. I am against any medical procedure unless absolutly necessary, if this continues and is a "fibroid" related issue, are there any alternative therapies that will shrink these etc., Thanks
1 Responses
Since you know you have fibriod tumors you NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR GYN.This is a life threatening situation,my moma had fibriod tumors,she all most bleed to death.She had two bags of blood.She was younger than you.She had a hysterectomy.It saved her life.Please pick up your phone now and call to make an appointment.GOOD LUCK.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.