Extremely itchy labia near vagina, no discharge
Ok, so I've been putting up with on again, off again itching for months on my labia, near my vaginal opening. Never "diagnosed" with HPV but I did get rid of a suspected wart this past year. Can you have a bacterial infection without discharge? It drives me CRAZY sometimes, the only thing that calms it is gold bond ointment, which is minty and refreshing but I'd like no itch. No "rash" that I can see, unless I give in and scratch. I take cranberry supplements to keep me flushed out for a UTI, which I was treated for last year. My doctor is unsupportive, and unhelpful-told me was due to regrowth from not getting waxed. I just want some facts to arm myself with before trying the doc (new doc) office again.

Any suggestions?? All you cooch experts feel free to speculate.
Hello Everyone,

I really hope someone can help me, I am 21 years old and have had an extreamly itchy Vulva for the last 5 years, My mother told me that i had very sensitive skin down there when i was a baby, but also found out that she used demestos on my nappies. Could this have caused this uncontrollable irritating itch that i can't resist itching, I've tried many different creams, Doctors have said it's thrush tried the creams they gave me but didn't work, I've had paps like 3-4 times, the itching becomes very painful where it begins to weep clear liquid I don't have a sex life because im itchy every day and it liquid gets in contact with the area it really stings/burns, it's not an STD or an STI i've also been tested for this.

I am sick of going to the doctors and they keep prescribing me creams and they never work! Please help me I am very depressed I just want it to stop.
Wow, identical to my situation.  When I was 30i went to my Gyn. Complaining of hot sweats and missed periods and he told me what yours told you.  My mom also had an early hysterectomy, so no info. from her.  Dr. Wouldn't even test me for menopause.  I suffered for 3 years in menopause before they tested me and found I was post-menopause.  I now have been suffering with this same awful itching.  I'm already om a gluten free diet, so it is not flour in my case...but I Do not know what the cause is.  
Ok, so I've been following this thread for a year now and haven't posted anything because I was doing my own research - until now.  I have tried everything listed in the prior postings or at least contemplated everything!  Here's what I have found to work for me:  gluten and dairy free.  OK, so I know how awful that sounds, it sounds awful to me too!  I love lattes, cheese and bread and pasta - but my diet was including more than I thought (of course I was eating organic but it doesn't matter) I was still allergic.  I started thinking about this:  I have had eczema when I was a very young child, and had it bad.  It has cropped its ugly head over the years but disappeared for a while then came back later in my 30's and 40's - I'm 46.  So I started thinking:  what am I ingesting every day?  Drinking lattes and eating cheese daily.  Ah ha!  Eating pasta and bread almost every day - ah ha!  I have cut them out and guess what?  My itching around my labia (vagina) has gotten so much better I can sleep at night!  My skin is feeling better and not so inflamed!  Now granted, this is a process it doesn't happen overnight.  You learn about so many foods that have dairy and wheat and sometimes when its too late (cause you've ingested it already) but as you go you will get better at it and there are so many wonderful recipes and foods out there for gluten free.  If you love pasta then try Barilla (from Italy located in Safeway stores) and its gluten free and so wonderful you don't even know its gluten free.  Get the book "Grain Brain" and you'll understand what I am talking about!
Also one other note that I want to EMPHASIZE:  it's not just gluten it's also dairy.  It could also BE ONE OR THE OTHER that you are allergic to.  So if you are on a gluten free then try removing all dairy - do your symptoms get better?  On a separate note, it could be hormones and estrogen dominance or not enough estrogen too, although estrogen dominance is more common but not spoken of by medical doctors.  I am estrogen dominant so I have been working on removing estrogens from my body for over a year now.  That's a whole other posting!  Let me know if you want info on that...
Read my reply at end of string....
LADIES! I have been reading almost all of your comments for the passed day because I have been having the same issue; redness and itchy irritation on the labia minora and occasionally around the anus. Now, before you judge, please keep on reading because I truly 100% believe that I may have found the culprit behind this incredible itch.
I'll start from the beginning...Late December I was given a med card for cannabis (I have extreme anxiety). Ever since, I have been smoking consistently (about once, maybe twice a week). During this time, I began to have this awfully annoying itch. Why I waited until now, I don't know, but yesterday I said enough is enough and I want to find a "cure". Upon reading this forum, I began to have multiple theories. But the one that just popped into my head could be the ONE. Naturally, TCH (prominent in cannabis) is present in your urine for up to a month. It is considered rare, but I am notorious for being allergic to many other plants and I believe I am allergic to THC. Peeing is something that happens (we all know that!) and it won't stop till the day we die. Cotton underwear, baths, creams, all of those things would never get rid of the main problem. I believe the same thing is happening to many of you. An allergy in your urine, I mean, not saying that you all smoke, but that there is something you are consuming that you are allergic to. I think some of us have come close to the culprit (take out sugar, watch your diet, etc). Maybe you aren't taking the RIGHT thing out of your diet. Nutrients (and it could even be preservatives) are the culprit. Unfortunately, with the chronic itching, what is in your diet could be something that is present in many foods. I suggest looking at ingredients, preservatives, ANYTHING that can be leading to this itching.
I'm not promising that an allergy in some food or preservative is the reason behind this irritation, but watching ingredients and preservatives, it may be. I say its worth a try. After all, the ones who have had this going on chronically, what does it hurt? There has been so many other things.
I may seem a little too confident about this, but you know when something just feels right? Well, this does.
TRY IT. It may be a lot of work, reading ingredients, searching preservatives, but I think it may be worth a try. And once you find the culprit, you will know what to look for and not have to suffer from that itch again. (Note that I think the worse the itching, the more you are consuming the culprit that causes the itching)
Could be something to your theory. My guy smokes daily, I do not. After sex, the itching becomes worse. His use maybe affecting me thru transmission of body fluids. This problem didn't arise until he started smoking daily again. Hmmmmm....
Hi...so sorry we are all having these difficult problems. I have not read all the posts but wanted to say that I was diagnosed by a gynecologist-oncologist several years ago with squamous hyperplasia and then eventually lichen planus of the vulva. (I also have a bladder disease called Interstitial Cystitis) The vulva itching is extremely painful and disruptive. The diagnoses was made via a biopsy in the doctor's office. The biopsy was not very painful and once she had the diagnoses it was such a relief to know.
I had suffered for quite awhile. I was given an ointment called Clobetasol (a potent steroid) for the Lichen Planus and hyperplasia. I use it twice weekly on the vulva area. It has helped quite a bit. Also rinsing with cool water several times a day is comforting too. I have been very fortunate to have found an excellent urologist and gynecologist. Do as much research as possible to find doctors who are very well versed in these issues. It makes a world of difference when your doctor is bright AND sympathetic. I am much better when using the ointment. I also wear white cotton underwear, use a detergent that has no dyes or fragrances, and do not use fabric softener. Best wishes to all.
had this same problem several years ago, and it just flared up again. The gyn I went to before advised me to use A&D ointment, but didn't clear it up, and she finally said I should go to a specialist.  Thankfully, it cleared up.  but no clue why, or what caused it.  So now am in the same dilemma. I just started using coconut oil tonight, and will see if that is more effective than the itch/rash cream, and the A&D Ointment.  With so many women going thru the same issues, I'm surprised doctors don't know the cause.  So I'm thinking it must be an allergic reaction to something....but if it was something in the foods we eat, why would it only affect the labia??  
there is no cure for this. its been a two year battle of remedies that dont work, doctors that are morons, moving, vacuuming daily, washing bedding daily etc etc etc. And silly me, id thought id won. But no. Not even close. they have completely re infested my third apartment. two weeks ago i had none, my body is covered now.  the mental destruction is to much to bear now. i wont even visit my daughter now for fear of infecting her with this living hell. i havent hugged her in two years. but theyre in for a surprise. i dont lose. ever. i know that they cant survive without a host so therefor the only logical solution is to destroy the host. and though i know what this means for me its a trade im willing to make now. ive thought about this for quite awhile and didnt come to this decision rashly living like this isnt living. ive come to terms and am at peace with it. And as i go ill know im taking these mother ******* with me. I hope those closest to me will understand after a day or two and forgive me for the inconvenience ill be putting them through. ok its time. for all of you in your various stages of this please do me a favor and DEMAND better from the doctors. do not pay them for their incompetance and hold them accountable for the lack of effort and caring
Ladies,
I have been struggling with a lot of the same symptoms.  They now seem to be gone.  I had a bartholin Cyst marsupialized and the itchy, dry skin that I felt is not gone. It's only been 3 days since the marsupialization and what I felt before is gone.  Just in pain from the procedure.  

I think the lump caused by the cyst was stretching my skin.  I think of it like a pimple on the cheek.  It will cause pain all the way up to the ear and even the jaw.  
I discovered the lump and told the doc to help me.  
Anyway, I  hope this helps you.  
oops, I meant to write, " I had a bartholin Cyst marsupialized and the itchy, dry skin that I felt is NOW gone."

Ask the doc to see if your bartholin glands are ok or if any of them has a cyst.  if they drain it you will feel much better.
good luck.
I can't believe I have never seen this forum but I am so happy I finally did. I have been having this strange pattern of itching over the last 2 and 1/2 years. It luckily doesn't happen every day or every week but suddenly it can happen (mostly in the night time). I wake up and itch, and then it won't stop until I force myself to go back to sleep spreading my legs like I am making snow angels. I did go to the doctor and he told me to try some yeast infection capsules, however this didn't make it stop because it came back eventually, and I do not believe that I have some sort of yeast infection because there is no discharge. So I have created this strange theory that it was caused by stress because I convinced myself that it always happened at stressful times, however I am not a stressed person. I had given up on trying to solve it, I just went with the crazy itching. So I read through a lot of the comments and evaluated if these problems and thankfully solutions could apply to me too. The answer of watching your food and drink intake is very important and this is also very important for the answer about the urine - and that there may be something you are allergic to or irritaed by (specifically in that area) that causes it. And be careful with toiletpaper, rubbing it down there can be like rubbing sand paper on another body part. Good luck to you all!
having bad bad itchying and sweating problem i cant take it anymore i asks my docter she say i was close Bld and that why the extremely  itchying please can someone tell me how to control the itchying  wend i leave on under cothes to lone it get s really bad but wend i have on none it ease some but not much what can i do please this just start it a month a go
I have to say that I came back to this forum for the same reason you did, and I was given the same thing. I went to a dermatologist who told me it was a condition called lichenification because of what may have originally started as a yeast infection but because I had scratched it so much, the skin had become damaged and was not itchy ALL THE TIME. She gave me a topical steroid to use at night for 1 week, then Protopic to use at night after that and since this regimen started the itching finally was gone for the first time in 6 months. It was the only thing that worked and I literally tried everything including trying to survive on 50 mg of Benadryl every 4 hours for weeks. See a dermatologist!!!!!!!!!
Girls, girls, girls, I have been suffering the itching, burning, sore feeling for 4 years now since I had my hysterectomy. I get bouts of it every few months and have tried all the creams to no avail. At last I found the answer .........
Live Yogurt. What an immediate relief.  Just apply it for a couple of days when
you feel the itch starting. You've nothing to lose by trying, it's cheap and no medical expenses involved!
I recently had a yeast infection and treated it with success this way.  I used Monostat ONE DAY treatment (which has a higher concentration of medicine so is a little more expensive but worth it).  You insert it at bed time.  It takes a couple of days to work but over those days, the symptoms decrease.  I also used vagisil wipes.  I would wipe the area and also put on a thick pad and then left the wipe on the area for about 15 minutes as it was soothing.  I also ATE probiotic yogurt --  Dannon Activia brand.  

I was better in three days.  good luck
I started developing itchiness all around my vagina (vulvar) last August 2014. And I am currently on TCM wash powder and another powdery medicine to steam my vulvar and my bum.

The Chinese medicine works so well and all my itch/ stings/ needle poking feeling/ sore feeling subside!! I am now feeling extremely normal on my vagina and bum! My Chinese doctor advised me to continue to use these powders till symptoms such as itch, dryness and redness/sore on the vulvar and bum disappear before stopping the application. I am sooo relief now. I came into the link and read that there are so many women out there suffering with many of you similar to mine case. I feel so sorry for you all and especially many are enduring such long period of time!! Seriously very bad to sleep and stressful! I broke down to cry few times because I totally lost clues and help to my severe itchy vagina! No doctors prescriptions seem to really works for me and each cream I applied just sting and made me jump after barely 10 mins!!

If you developed:
1)severe itch around your vulvar (with no other indicated disease) may also itch all day long!
2) have needle poking feeling or stinging feeling on the vulvar ( and especially more severe around Clitoris also) and not inside the vagina
3)Vulvar skin feels and appears dry and scaly
4) Also develop itch and sore around the butt ( after wash, both areas feel extremely stinging and sore

Some of guidance which I gathered to help lessen the cause of infection are:
1) I cut down sugar in-take (sugary in urine does contribute the growth of bacteria which can commonly develop quickly when our vulvar lost ph balance or severely destroyed by strong wash like soap and other liquid wash which contain greater ph. Our vulvar is generally a bit acidic during young age when fertility is high, and after menopause, vulvar is less then acidic then requires different virginal  cleanser.
2)Wear cotton undies
3) During menses, hopefully use less fibre irritated pad and if possible I do not use daily liner so not to irritate my vulvar skin.
4)Cut down on spicy food and if really want to eat, maybe less spicy.
5) Take supplement of Vitamin E family as Vitamin Es do good for skin. So vulvar skin will gradually grow and heal.
6)Increase your immune system so help boost body resistance to minimize infection.

Well I can only remember so much but I sincerely hope you all will find my message and links help you get rid of the agony.

Mrs Green
I was diagnosed with squamous cell hyperplasia. I've had nighttime vulvar itching (and sometimes anal itching) for 12 years, and I scratch off a soft film.I have my suspicions that there is a fungal root to it, but I am not certain. I also am hypothyroid and am compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations (not sure how these may play into it).

The clobetasol and other ointments they have prescribed over the years just end up irritating it more. The only other treatment they have offered was an estrogen cream, but I haven't tried it. I've tried various prescription and natural anti-fungals as well as an anti-fungal diet, and have not seen a change yet. I also do not wear underwear, and it seems that any discharge or sweating irritates the area, and it is often flared up around my period. Boric acid vaginal suppositories or Melrose/Palmarosa/Oil essential oil suppositories can take the edge off of a bad flare up.

I have recently discovered that detox baths before bed that include at least a 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar dramatically reduce the itching most nights. It's been my best management solution so far.

Good luck to us all - hope we can figure this out, determine the root of the problem and fix it one day!
I have Lichen sclerosus which is basically the same thing you have.What cream of ointment , over the counter can I use. The prescription cream is $250.00 for 2 oz, which I can not afford.
You and I have the exact same diagnosis, however I am just now getting some of the prescription such as the Clobetasol ointment and find that it is sooo expensive, $250.00 for a 2 oz tube and no insurance. Are there alternative over the counter ointments that are just as effective.  If you know or can answer more questions I would appreciate it.
I have been dealing with itchy vulva and clit for too long. After not being satisfied with my Dr. Diagnosis of bv I looked further. Turns out there is more than one type of bv, including one called cyclotic vaginitis. This matched my symptoms to a T. A warm baking soda sitz bath twice a day for a week and then once a week thereafter, has changed my life. I tried everything, this works so fast.
Wow , I am so glad  I   went looking , I thought I was the only one, I  am  71 and this started about a year ago   , at first I thought It was hormones , so I use a  little  cream for that , didn't help, then I thought  moistures , I don't itch  so much  until  I go to the bathroom and wipe,  then  it feels so  good to  scratch  I  bleed  at night I  do  in my sleep and  more blood . I have tired  cream for    jock Itch , help some  and  wash and  keep very  clean and make sure I am very dry  before I put on clean underwear . So the best  relieve is a big jar from Walmart  for  diaper rash .Put it on  thick and it will last until the  next morning  and when you go to the  bathroom   pat your self  and it will be good for   one full day  and by patting  you will not scratch  and I thought I was the  only one  thank you  all
what were you able to end up eating. Vegetables and meat?  I really think my issue is sugar/diet related.
I've had this problem for many, many years.   Oxyclean and Spray and Wash and other spot cleaners were the problem for me.    I had been using Seventh Generation clothes detergent and thought I was OK.   So I had to stop using these products and then get the remaining products from my underwear.     I soaked my underwear in Seventh Generation detergent, vinegar and baking soda and let it set for awhile, then rinsed over and over again.    The itching went away almost immediately.    I got a pair of underwear out of my drawer that had not been treated and the itching started again.   It has taken about a week for all the wounds to heal but now I am very sure what the trouble has been.
hi there i have a similar issue, been itching for about a year now both my rectum/anus and vulva.My gyno said it was lichen simplex, she prescribed me protopic, just wondering if the itch went away? or does it come once in a while? i hope this works for me im tired of spending tons of dollars on creams that dont work
wow thats amazing youre so lucky it worked for you,Has the itch came back at all?
my problem is the same thing i had a very bad yeast infection and i guess after it was gone my nerves kept itching this has been going on for a year now, my Gyno recently diagnosed me with lichen simplex and prescribed me protopic Im Praying to God it works im so tired of wasting my money on creams tha dont work ugh
whats the name of the Chinese medicine?
Can you find out what the Chinese herb formula was? I have been dealing with this issue for 10 years. I take chinese herbs for health in general and would be so appreciative to know what formula your TCM Dr. used with you. Thanks!!
Are you continuing to have success with your new detergent formula? Or have your symptoms returned at all?
Thank a lot and ill like to know that Any side effects of this cream let me know asap.thanks
I have been suffering from itching and fissures for almost 5 years.  I did a lot of research and tried a lot of natural things.  I went to dozens of doctors who gave me lots of different medication.  Biopsies, drugs for lichen sclerosis etc.  The suffering didn't stop.  Finally I decided to take digital pictures of what I would see often, but often hid when I saw the gyno.  the doctor said it was a recurrent yeast infection.  I was tested and it was candida.  She gave me a cream to use for 14 days and it got much better but still didn't completely go away.  I am now on weekly diflucan and the candida diet to see if I can fight this.  I finally have a diagnosis.  I knew I wasn't crazy and it was not in my head.  Just because the doctor's couldn't figure out what it was doesn't mean I wasn't suffering.  Some doctors told me to do Yoga or find something to relax me and it would go away.  Well I am on my 4th week of diflucan and 6th week of the CAndida diet.  Feeling much better but not quiet 100%.  Praying that I will soon.  I just thought I should share, to help anyone out there that might be going through the same thing.  NO you are not crazy, yes their is something wrong. No it's probably not cancer even though they can't figure it out. take pictures and have them test you even though it doesn't look like yeast, it could be.  My liquid looks milky.  Many docs before said it wasn't yeast without testing it.  This new doctor tested it and has tested every time I have seen them.  It is always Candida. I will try to update as I feel better but I hope this helps.  We shouldn't have to suffer!
I can't seem to figure out what is causing my intense itching. Sometimes it looks dry down there and other times it looks a little puffy and bright red with little bumps. No discharge and I shower every other day. I have allergies but I take my medication every day but the itch is still here. I don't use soap to clean down there only water. I use cotton panties and unscented and non dyed detergent. I apply an OTC anti itch cream which seems to sooth it for a while but I have to apply it several times a day. It has been going on for several months and I can't seem to figure out what could be causing it. Any body know what could it be or what could help? I am 24 and not pregnant and was tested for STDs last year and have been with the same partner for 7 years.
I am in my third trimester of pregnancy and for the past 6 weeks I've had an absolutely incurable vulval itch. My doctor thought it was a yeast infection, so I went on a 7 day treatment for Monistat AND two separate rounds of Diflucan. went back to the gyno since the itch persisted in my vulval area, but she couldn't see any yeast in her microscope. She prescribed the generic cream of Lotrisone, which has an anti fungal agent (clotrimazole) and I was so hopefully it would work after seeing many people post about it's success. However, for me, nada. I went back a week and half later, still with no resolution and the vulval area not improving at all - totally affected my relationship with my husband, my ability to concentrate at work, and my sleep...all of which I worried would affect my unborn baby. My gyno then prescribed a very strong anti-inflammatory steroid (started with a "c" and ended with propriate") which is basically the strongest steroid ointment on the market...NOTHING. I felt completely helpless. I do think this ointment helped reduce the inflammation, but certainly not the itch. The fact that the itch hadn't gone away and I had changed absolutely everything that could have been an allergen (used new, seventh generation detergent, bought new 100% cotton undies, changed bathroom cleaning products, changed air filters, etc.) led me to believe it wasn't an allergen. I noticed the itch seemed to get worse when I would apply the cream, so I started to let the area "dry out" and apply no cream and no underwear...it still itched, but not nearly as badly. I wondered again if the itch was fungal, but just maybe not a yeast infection (which would explain why my OB couldn't see it under the scope). So, I took out my husband's $5.99 athletes foot spray (Lotramin generic, 2% Miconazole nitrate) and sprayed it all over my vulva. Wow, did it sting the first time! BUT, the itching went away almost immediately. I have used it twice a day for the past week and it's been a miracle. I am 95% better. I'll still have an occasional itch here or there but the fact that it's a powder spray keeps the area DRY and I think keeps any sort of other fungus from growing. My OB and dermatologist said they would have never thought of using athlete foot powder spray "down there" but that it's completely safe for me to keep doing. I just wanted to share this in case there is anyone else out there who has been told they don't have a yeast infection....you may still have a fungus on your vulva! I'm so thankful to have a safe solution to help with this issue...I"m hoping in another week or so it's CURED!
Hi there just read your comment, Ive thought about this before but im trying other things at this moment hoping for a cure.My itch started with a yeast infection as well BUT the itch on my vulva / anus NEVER WENT AWAY
ive been dealing with this for a year now i have an appointment with a dermatologist this Wednesday (hoping my period doesnt come before means i would have to reschedule and wait another dam week to see her !)Anyway
Ive been to vulva specialists and tons of Gynos and they can Never find yeast so im hoping the dermo tells me its fungus related i hate this ! i hope to hear how youre feeling a week from now
http://m.md-health.com/Itchy-Labia.html
I have this same problem on and off for 3 years now. No infections...doctors have no idea...it is unbearable. I finally found something that works! Coconut oil! I swear by it. Put it anywhere down there where it itches and burns. Instant relief..by 2nd day...vagina back to normal.If your itchy inside you can slather the oil on a tampon as well.
Thank you,I just tried it last night instead of the Calmoseptine I had been using. It seemed to work better. I will keep using it and see if it is the answer
Fox Fordyce or maybe Hidradenitis Suppurtiva
I'm hoping by now you've figured this out, but in case you haven't, being a lesbian doesn't protect you from herpes! Herpes can be passed from vulva to vulva contact or even mouth to vulva contact. If two separate gynecologists say you have herpes, you may, in fact, have herpes, regardless of wether or not you want to accept it or the stigma associated with it.
Mix five drops lavender pure essential oil, three drop tea tree oil and two drop frankincense oil with which hazel or coconut oil. I apply in am and pm. Wash area first
I have this and my dermatologist diagnosed me with SYSTEMIC NICKEL ALLERGY. Apparently, many women who have nickel allergy suffer in this way and very few OB/GYNs have heard of it. I now avoid contact with nickel items and have cut high nickel foods (chocolate, oats, nuts, soya) from my diet. I only wash with a Hydromol emollient bath additive directly on my vagina. Good luck!
Really?! I think this must be what I have! I have  had agonizing labia and anus itching for 5 years (zero discharge/rash, just extreamlu itchy skin) and have ruled out every possibly cause! I have a very servere nickel allergy when I wear the jewelry. But I never wear it anymore. Where else could I be getting exposed to nickel?
I can relate its the post annoying feeling in the world.. I have had itching for 10months on my vulva and vagina. I tried so much noting work. Some times at night I feel like tinga crawling down there burns itch and so dam inflamed. Then i start trying acv (apple cider vinegar) i got major results on day 2 it help me im free of itch praise the lord all u have to do is put 2tbs acv in 2mugs water and was yhe vulva twice daily. Dont use longer than 3days. Take a TBS internally too. Bragg's acv is the best with the mother in it
; It Can Mean Plenty Of Things Such As " OverWeight" I Havnt Had A Cycle In "8" Months Now & Its Becaues To Much Fatning Around And On Your Vaginal Area ! Its Best To Visit A Doctor But Losing Weight And Eating Healthy Will Have Your Periods Back On Track . Sometimes You Will Know When Your Losing Becaues Your Cycle Will Start In Your Process
Theres so many comments I cant even read them all! Has anyone found any long term solution? Im 19 and this started happening 3 months ago. My doctor said she thinks it started out as a yeast infection and now I just have an extremely sensitive labia/vaginal opening? Im not sure though. When it first started I did Monistat twice, over the counter Flucanozole twice, two diflucan pills, even tried boric acid suppositories, and recently was given estrogen cream because my obgyn just thinks its irritated. I noticed that sometimes Im completely fine, no itch at all. And sometimes l will get a little stabbing pain somewhere on my vagina and I notice that the area gets red and my labia becomes enflamed for about 20 minutes. Itchiness comes and goes, it is not constant. Ive been tested for bv, trichomanisas, yeast infections, and stds and it all comes back negative. At one point I had a little rash on my inner labia. Not bumps, just a red rash. Im honestly at a loss. Doctors keep brushing me off pretending like its nothing but I KNOW I have something wrong with me. After looking at these posts the only thing I can conclude is a hormone imbalance maybe? Maybe dust mites that live in bed sheets? Im honestly just so confused, its affecting my life :(
Oh my gosh I'm not crazy! I'm 24 and not sexually active and the exact same thing has been happening to me! I keep going to doctor after doctor and nobody will tell me what's wrong!
Hi, I'm 38 years old I been having the same problem! It only itches on one side of my labia and its usually really bad around my ovulation! I went to my OB/ Gyn 3 times and he said its something that I'm allergic too!  I got rid of everything and got all new products and still the same!  It's so upsetting! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I had suffered with that for a while and It would always come a few days before my period...drove me crazy..then in started taking vitamin b supplements and I haven't had it since. U can try it and see if it works.

GOATS'S MILK AND KEFIR SOAP AND LOTION

Made with kefir and goat's milk, the sensitive soap and lotion made by Chuckling Goat helped me within a week's time. For months, I experienced itching in my left labia majora (Yup, the lip). Due to friction, heat, or moist, I deduced it to be a form of the lesser talked irritation-- vulvar dermatitis or eczema. I was sore and refused to be on steroids. Thankfully, I heard about the product on Hay House radio. I gave it a try and in a week, the difference is so noticeable. I hardly itch, and the soap alone can give relief and gentle cleansing to my lady parts. I am now on a mission to share about this to the many health forums with which ladies feel helpless with such condition. We need to know that there are effective and natural cures available. I am in no way affiliated with the company, but my healing led me to share my experience. Healing to you too!
Same issue here.  I can't believe this thread has over 800 comments with no solution. My itch is random,  but only at the end of the day.  There is no discharge,  and it always itches on a very specific spot.  A shower sometimes helps to alleviate the itching, but sometimes it doesn't . I've had this issue ever since I can remember. After my period it seems worse.  Also I am on the birth control pill.  I have no idea what's happening somebody help us this is a seriously embarrassing and bizarre issue.
Try Clacium Bentonite Clay powder.  I've had intense labia itching right at the pubic hair line for several years and recently tried this clay powder on it.  No pain and itching stopped immediately.  It's been 5 days and have been applying the powder once a day, no itching.  

No idea how long it will last but love the relief.  Best to you.
Has anyone received a diagnosis. I have been feeling the same symptoms for months now. I have been experiencing itchy anus clit and vagina. It's been difficult dealing with this. I have been to the doctor but haven't received any answers. This is ruining my life. Please help. I am tired of doctor visits
I’m also suffering from labia majora itchiness, and i had this for 4 months now. At first it was tolerable. Mine doesn’t always itch, but usually it occurs in the morning and comes back in the afternoon. The itch feels like something just bit my skin or a prickly feeling or a newly grown thick hair poking a very sensitive skin. In the first few months, it was dry and flaky then there are days that it would look okay but the skin is still raised. Lately, the itch is much worse, and sometimes i can’t help but scratch it. There are also days that it would weep a yellowish fluid and then it would start to look flaky and then after a few days, the flakiness would be gone but still the skin is raised, dry and sometimes swollen and wrinkly. When my period cane last week, the itch was way more unbearable. I have an appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow since i’ve been tested for yeast, bv and sti’s all came out negative.im on my wits end and i want a cure for this.