First Time Having Sex

So I am 17 and lost my virginity. My period was a few days later than normal and was a darker color. Is this normal? Does a period change after sex?
Sometimes after having intercourse for the first time it can cause stress after and worrying that is normal but can effect your period because of the stress and worrying, also your body is adjusting and your hormones are gonna be a little whack but as long as you got your period you should be fine it could be just because it was the first period after, if other complications occur or something new happens you should seek medical attention just in case