Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

First time Belly Button Piercing

This is my first belly button piercing and I am a little concern. I do not know if it is effective. I had it done about two months ago, i am having a slimy drainage and crust around the ball on the loop of the ring. It dose not bother me i.e. itch or irritates unless its close to the time for me to clean it. I clean it twice a day with dove soap and use AD ointment afterwords. I am a little concern because its almost like puss but its not green, i have no fever, its a clear color (white) liquid coming from my belly button piercing and its always coming from the bottom. The last couple of days I have been having pain at the bottom of the piercing, buts its only when i push my belly button in. Am I effected?
2 Responses
676912 tn?1332816151
For one, don't push on it, that's probably what is making it hurt. I had my belly button pierced and it takes a long time to heal, what you're experiencing sounds normal to me. Try going to the store and getting sea salt (put it in water), or going to another piercing store and seeing if they have the sea salt spray. It cleans it and you don't have to put anything else on it. By the way, there is a possibility that the AD ointment is getting into the whole and that is what you see coming out.
568659 tn?1256143582
The piercing is supposed to give off a little discharge and and it will crust onto the ball. You should be moving it around when you clean it to make sure that you are cleaning the inside as well. Definitely do the sea salt thing, soak it for 15 minutes 2  times a day. If the fluid that is coming out turns a funny color or you start to get an abscess you should see your dr. Just make sure you are following the instructions that the piercing shop gave you and you should be fine.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.