Food cravings

Hi all,
I'm in my 6 weeks of pregnancy. I am having these strange food cravings. Want to have spicy food all the time and whenever i think of sweets making me puke. There is also a kind of uneasyness in the stomach. My ultrasound is next week. Just wondering are these feelings normal. Please let me know what kind of care i should take during pregnancy.
it's pretty normal to have food cravings.  my mother craved watermelon; my best friend craved cheerios; unfortunately I craved cake frosting.  the only food that really made me naseous was broccoli.

just try to eat as healthily as you can manage.  try to limit the spicy food, tho - at some point you will probably regret it.  good luck :)
I read somewhere that your body craves what it needs when you are pregnant.  I don't know how true that is though, especially since I ate the h*** out of nacho cheese doritos while pregnant.  My body definitely didn't need those!
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
How exciting, cravings already!  At that point I only ate things I could and stayed away from most everything.  Eating sweets still makes me want to puke, but I couldn't even look at them with my son till I was 7 months along.  Cravings change so much, no harm in giving in to them sometimes, otherwise you will just go crazy thinking about it.  Enjoy!!!
Thanks all you ladies, sometimes i don't feel like eating anything and then i crave for something else. I didn't reveal the news that i'm pregnant to anybody. When do you think is the best time to announce.

Thanks,
hey -- don't "they" always say to wait until you begin your 2nd trimester? So maybe in about 6 more weeks???
It's hard, you should tell them when you are comfortable.  With my first baby I told a few close friends, but people figured it out early at work because my morning sickness was so bad, after about a week they began to realize I didn't have the flu.  I waited till I saw the first u/s though, just to make sure, but I had a blighted ovum at 11 weeks this past June and had told a few people before it was discovered.  It was hard to explain the situation to them.  I would tell the people close to you sooner, those that you would probably share it with either way.  I waited till that second trimester to really confirm or talk it mine though.  Good luck whenver you decide, it's so exciting!
Please or to view.
Please or to view.