Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
64.9k Members

Gallstones and Pregnancy

Hi.. I'm 27 yrs old and We are planning for baby rite now. I missed my period too by 20 days but the result was negative. On diagnosis, I was identified with 2 gallstones of 9mm and 2 cm in my gallbladder
I heard from my friends that gallstones have a high risk of getting jaundice during pregnancy.. I'm worried a bit.. any view on my problem.?
3 Responses
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  I would definitely consult with your ob/gyn about the gall stones.  During pregnancy, these do tend to get worse and as your body is already dealing with a lot during pregnancy, you don't want that on top of it.    The gall stones get worse due to extra estrogen.  Gall stones left untreated can cause your gallbladder to become infected and can even rupture.  So, I'd talk to your doctor about this BEFORE trying again.  Even if you go to your primary care doctor, they should have some advice for you.  good luck
Thank you so much..
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are very welcome!  Good luck!!
Have an Answer?
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.