Gallstones and Pregnancy

Hi.. I'm 27 yrs old and We are planning for baby rite now. I missed my period too by 20 days but the result was negative. On diagnosis, I was identified with 2 gallstones of 9mm and 2 cm in my gallbladder
I heard from my friends that gallstones have a high risk of getting jaundice during pregnancy.. I'm worried a bit.. any view on my problem.?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hi there and welcome.  I would definitely consult with your ob/gyn about the gall stones.  During pregnancy, these do tend to get worse and as your body is already dealing with a lot during pregnancy, you don't want that on top of it.    The gall stones get worse due to extra estrogen.  Gall stones left untreated can cause your gallbladder to become infected and can even rupture.  So, I'd talk to your doctor about this BEFORE trying again.  Even if you go to your primary care doctor, they should have some advice for you.  good luck
Thank you so much..
You are very welcome!  Good luck!!