General hunger pangs and weight gain problems

Dear Friends,
Could anyone help me with the following issues :-
1. I am having constant hunger pangs for some months now
2. I am gaining weight, not alarmingly, but maybe 2-3 kgs in the last six months or so, specially around my tummy which makes me look ugly
3. I feel fatigued and sleepy all through the day
4. I feel irritable

Also let me point out that I had total hysterectomy  in October,2010.
Have you had a blood panel run on you lately? I had much of the same issues, along with irregular/heavy periods. I thought it was stress and anemia. When I went in and had bloodwork done, it turned out to be my thyroid AND almost completely depleted iron stores.
No I have not done blood panel for quite some time. I'll do that and get back. Thanx for the advice.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community