Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.9k Members

Gonorrhea or Strep-Throat?

A few weeks ago, I had a very sore throat a week after performing oral sex on a partner. This sore throat was accompanied by very bad body aches, a low-grade fever, a slightly red sore throat & peeling hands (a symptom usually associated with strep throat). I am extremely susceptible to strep and get it as much as twice a year ever since I was a little girl. To me, this infection seemed to me like strep (I get it often so I know the feeling!) & from what I have read about gonorrhea/chlamidya, the sore throat is very mild with those diseases and not accompanied by other symptoms. After about 3 days, the illness went away & I have felt completely normal ever since. Could this be gonorrhea/chlamidya or could this be a normal throat infection such as strep? Please help! :) Thanks!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.