Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HPV Warts

A few months ago I've noticed warts inside of my vagina. I began using apple cider vinegar soaked in a tampon (suggested on forums read online) . Today I went to look in the mirror to see if any progress if any, yet was horrified with the results. My warts are white, some are green. The surrounding skin is also white and a greenish hue...I was also diagnosed with herpes a few months ago and had an outbreak about a week and a half ago. Those cleared up but now I see them coming back again..what's the deal.
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342342773
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ya, sticking things like cider vinegar tampons into your vagina is not good advice.  

You need to see a doctor.  I'm not sure of your age.  But if you have HPV, you need to speak to your physician about this.  Herpes is a lifetime issue, I'm sure you know.  Outbreaks will happen from here on out.  Your doctor can counsel you on that and there is medication for it you can take.  I'd be concerned that the apple cider vinegar in your vagina possibly changed the PH and made you ripe for a yeast or bacterial infection so watch for symptoms of those.  So, I know this is not going to thrill you but please see your doctor for proper treatment of these things hon.  good luck  (and if you live in the US, Planned Parenthood is a good option if you don't have a regular doctor).
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.