Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Had vaginal fissures now can't mentally get in the mood for sex

I have been with my boyfriend for two years.  Over a year ago I started experiencing pain during intercourse.  My boyfriend kept telling me to go to the doctor but I was scared to so put it off until a month ago where it turned out it was vaginal fissures.  My GP gave me oestrogen cream and it cleared it up just fine so there is no longer any problems or pain.

BUT a whole year of having pain during sex has made me scared of it.  It's not that I don't want the sex.  I do.  I start getting turned on (as long as it's me wanting it, not my partner initiating) but as soon as it actually gets close I feel my body tensing and I just get so scared there will be pain, even though I know it is no longer the case.  
I've tried explaining to my boyfriend but he just thinks that I'm no longer interested in him and is suggesting that I need a break from him.  I definitely do not want to do this.

Any advice for how to get through this or situations where people have gone through anything similar that I could share to encourage him?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.