Avatar universal

Haemorrhoids type structure near anal cavity

I have a haemorrhoids type thing protruding out of my anus. Its soft to the touch and can be pushed back in. I read that it can go away by itself in a few weeks, however I've had it for 2-3 months now. Usually it's not very noticeable and very less inflamed. But sometimes it's huge. Any ideas?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
20841821 tn?1547942964
This could be hemorrhoids or rectal prolapse. I don't know your age, medical history, or risk factors. It would be best to see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Helpful - 0
973741 tn?1342342773
That sounds unpleasant.  lol.  I think after this amount of time, you should get it looked at.  It very likely is hemorrhoid.  You can try some over the counter things with it like preparation H.  This can shrink a hemorrhoid.  Do you strain a lot when you have a bowel movement?  Here is information on prolapse https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/what-is-rectal-prolapse#1.  That's a little bigger of a problem and I hope it isn't that.  But at this point, I'd want to know what it is for sure too and a doctor could easily tell you .  Can you let us know?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.