Women's Health Community
65.8k Members
Avatar universal

Hard painful lump mons pubis!!

There's been a hard and painful lump in the right side of my mons pubis for 2 weeks now. It's about half a cm under the skin, and shaped like a 4 cm piece of straw... I have no other way of describing it. The lump and the pelvic bone underneath are still very painful. I was in a traffic accident nearly 2 weeks, when my mons pubis/pelvic bone hit a metal bar. The right side of my mons pubis was bruised, swollen and extremely painful at the time but I din't visit any doctor, because i thought it would go away. Does anyone have an idea what this may be? I'm very concerned!!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
It can be a hematoma formed after injury. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.