Has anyone else had uterine tenderness, and what was the cause?

I've been having increasing uterine tenderness for the last couple of months. My doctor did an internal exam and confirmed my uterus was tender but my ovaries are ok. She said nothing felt enlarged and she couldn't feel any lumps.

But I'm in near-constant discomfort from my uterus. I have other symptoms which come and go. Sometimes it feels like there's a balloon in my pelvis, and the pressure increases when I lean forward. Sometimes it aches directly behind my pubic bone. Sometimes it feels like mild period pains, but midcycle. If I squeeze my pelvic floor, it feels like I'm contracting on something that shouldn't be there. Sometimes it feels like my pelvis is full of cement, or being tugged at. It's often worse when I lie on my front.

I really think there is something seriously wrong, but I can't get any more tests done apart from the ultrasound because my doctor thinks I'm a hypochondriac. And ultrasounds are not very sensitive anyway.

I don't know if this is related but I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks inmid-August. Baby died at 8 weeks. I took misoprostol twice but it didn't work. I had an MVA in mid-September, and there was still retained tissue after that (although I was told my womb was clear). I passed a 3x2cm piece of tissue after the MVA and they are now saying my womb really is clear, but I don't know.
Hm.  I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with this.  When I've had this, I did have a small, benign very common ovarian cyst.  It passed on its own.  Not sure a doctor would feel, mine didn't?  But you HAVE been to a doctor which is a good sign.  While they can miss things, they often don't.  However, since you are concerned, don't feel locked into this one doctor.  You can go to another doctor for a second opinion.  People do it all the time.  If you hear the same things, you should then feel more reassured.  But you owe it to yourself to take that step and get a second opinion.  That's what I'd do!  Let us know what they say.
Thanks. Since the miscarriage, I have been getting functional ovarian cysts and they have given me some discomfort. However, that discomfort is very specifically in the ovaries, and it goes away with the cysts.

This pain I'm worried about is definitely from the uterus, and it's always tender. I will continue to seek help and get tests done.
Oh, okay.  I understand what you are saying.  Yes, see another doctor and come back and tell us what they said.