Has anyone experienced joint pain and swelling during period?

For the past year, I've noticed joint pain, swelling and stiffness when I get my period. It's gotten gradually worse in my left knee to the point that I cannot straighten my knee for the first two days of my period and going up and down steps is difficult. Then it abruptly goes back to normal. My periods are also extremely heavy on days 2 and 3 with some clotting. I've also noticed some discomfort and pressure on my right side above my hip bone and what feels like a lump of tissue right above my hip bone. It's not painful, but it's uncomfortable. Has anyone experienced any of these symptoms/any advice?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you have any other issues like osteo arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or lupus?  Fibromyalgia?  Women with these issues do report they have joint pain during their cycle. I've also read that having 'too much' inflammation can lead to join pain during your period.  Do you respond at all to an NSaid?  (ibuprofen is an example but here are many otc nsaids).  
I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis last year and was negative. I've never been diagnosed or tested for any of the other issues you listed. I used to find relief with an NSAID (Aleve), but it hasn't helped with my most recent symptoms.
Well, it's probably time to chat with your doctor about the possibility.  You don't have joint pain any other time?  I do get achy during my period too but not so much in my joints.  However, it's possible.  If you don't get relief from aleve, try another nsaid and see if it is more effective.  I never liked aleve, personally.  Try another and see if it helps.