Haven't had my period in 6-7 months.

I just visited the GYN today because I used to be on birth control tablets(Loestrin 24FE) and I didn't like the way it made me feel due to nausea and headaches but it was stopped over a year ago. I have not taken any other birth control since then and it has been over a year since any birth control was last taken. When I first stopped it my periods were regular, and than after a couple of months they started to become irregular to where it would take 2-3 months to menstrate but now I have not gotten my period in 6-7 months. I don't know what it could be. Any suggestions? I am also not pregnant.
Sounds like amenorrhea. Try boiling ginger with tea leaves and drink a cup 3x a day. That's how my sister treated amenorrhea. Ask your gynecologist for other contraceptive that will be suitable for you if the previous one gave you side effects.