Having an early period while on the pill

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I've been on birth control for about 9 months now and I'm use to the usual spotting a couple days before you reach the white pill. However, I'm 2 1/2 weeks before the white pill and I'm almost at a light flow. My sister has been on the pill longer and says it's b/c I'm not taking it regular (at the same time). I have been a little lacking at taking it at the same time but have been doing pretty well these passed 3 weeks. Is that the reason behind my period coming early or is there another reason behind it. I would appericate the help. Thanks
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
This happened to me not too long ago.  I started my period two days before starting my placebo pills.  My friend that works at a pharmacy told me that this isn't really too unusual and breakthrough bleeding is sort of common.