Heavy, swollen, painful breasts, not pms

Wow - my first question.
Wondering if anyone has experience with heavy swollen and painful breasts, AFTER your period? My period ended a few days ago yet the pms-type breast symptoms have not gone away (they usually disappear when my period starts). I do not feel any lumps or growths, wondering what this could possibly be? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!
i am sure you are well aware of this but its the only explination i could offer. what about your caffine intake or salty foods. i think spicey foods can do it too.
did you experince this before your period? if not, maybe they are making up for lost time! hormones can fluctuate.
are you pregnent?!?
Really?? I've never heard of that before! I do drink quite a bit of coffee. I am just surprised because yes, I had pms tenderness but as I said, it always goes away as soon as my period starts. I am at a complete loss as to what this could be but won't rush to the doctor just yet. Maybe I'll do some googling about the caffeine thing.. thanks.

Niel - no, could not be pregnant as I just had a period :) That's why the tenderness is odd..
ya know what too...if you are thinking about it/conscious of it they will remain sore. seriously. that happened to me and stressing over it made it worse. once i focused on another ailment...hahaha it all went away. mind over matter! stress and caffine will give you those symptoms.
True enough - and I am sure constantly feeling for lumps isn't going to help...lol

thanks!
http://www.womentowomen.com/breasthealth/breastpain.asp?id=1&campaignno=breastpain&adgroup=adgroup1&keywords=sore+breasts