Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Heavy Bleeding Menstrual

My normal period is spot one month and heavy the next... I have spotted for the past 2 months and this month which is the 3rd month I am very heavy... I have been on for 9 days my first 2 days i spotted... I took a hot bath and the next morning i was very heavy i have been heavy every since and its 7 days later in all it has been 9
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

This condition is called menorrhagia. Normally the period stays for 3-7 days and comes in 21 to 35 days. However sometimes normal periods can be irregular. The causes of menorrhagia could be due to bleeding disorders, vitamin K deficiency, excess usage of aspirin, hormonal imbalance, stress, fibroids, recent intra uterine devices (like copper-T)etc. So I will like to advise for internal examination with gynecologist and take opinion.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.