Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Heavy Flow ; Irregularity ; Clots..

I'm 20 years old, have had my period since I was 11 years old. It was pretty reg. Lasting from 4-7 days. Then when I was about 14 I didnt get it for about 3-4 months during the summer..Then it was normal again. To the point where I knew the day it would come. THEN about the end of last year they started to last long...up to 20 days. Then stop for two weeks and again. Now I havn't had a period since May up until three days ago. The first two days wasnt heavy, but today I had to change my pad 3 times. Which is rare for me, and the pads were completely soaked. I also can feel when a clot passes. Then when I sit on the toilet, more clots pass. Could this be due to the fact that when my periods were long I barely clotted at all?

Also, my younger sister had the same problem..long periods..and her gyno said she was fine. O_O
Help.
1 Responses
You could have endometrial polyps or fibroids, both cause very heavy bleeding.  I know because I have both.  The polyps are vile but are easily removed when you have a hysteroscopy/polypectomy/d&c perfomed by a gynaecologist.

I have found great relief after having having the polyps removed.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.