Heavy Flow ; Irregularity ; Clots..

I'm 20 years old, have had my period since I was 11 years old. It was pretty reg. Lasting from 4-7 days. Then when I was about 14 I didnt get it for about 3-4 months during the summer..Then it was normal again. To the point where I knew the day it would come. THEN about the end of last year they started to last long...up to 20 days. Then stop for two weeks and again. Now I havn't had a period since May up until three days ago. The first two days wasnt heavy, but today I had to change my pad 3 times. Which is rare for me, and the pads were completely soaked. I also can feel when a clot passes. Then when I sit on the toilet, more clots pass. Could this be due to the fact that when my periods were long I barely clotted at all?

Also, my younger sister had the same problem..long periods..and her gyno said she was fine. O_O
Help.
You could have endometrial polyps or fibroids, both cause very heavy bleeding.  I know because I have both.  The polyps are vile but are easily removed when you have a hysteroscopy/polypectomy/d&c perfomed by a gynaecologist.

I have found great relief after having having the polyps removed.