Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Heavy Menstral Bleeding

I had a baby (#4) in December and had my first period in March. Last month (April) I visited the ER because of heavy bleeding during my period. I was going through about tampons and w/ pads for extra coverage every two hours. They ran tests on me and sent me home. Stating that nothing was wrong. Well this month the exact same thing. Knowing what happened last month I'm trying to stay on top of it as I work full-time. But it is the same if not worse. Could there be something wrong. I delivered all other children expect the last one vaginally and they had to do an emergency C-Section with the last one. My periods before I was pregnant last exactly 7 days with one heavy day and the rest light bleeding. I am anemic and take my iron pills everyday without fail as I am breastfeeding and don't want to have any other problems. I have never missed a day without taking them. Any suggestions?
1 Responses
485554 tn?1256003590
I go go back and bug the doctors to run more test, such as a ultrasound?

I had my little girl on march 18th, and 3 weeks after i had heavy bleeding, and i kept getting turn down at emergency and at teh doctors, that there was nothing wrong, but the bleeding was not normal. turns out, i needed a d&c, and i had that april 16th and iam still bleeding. so i dunno.

i would get checked.. it could be just your period..??
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.