Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Heavy Period that won't stop

So I recently found out I have PCOS. Backstory- I hadn't gotten my period for, well, years probably. Sometimes it would be spotty but normally no period. The gyno put me on Ortho Tri cyclene lo which was about a month ago. Every since then my period has not stopped.. Started out normal but by day 2-3 my period was so heavy I was bleeding through my undies and having to change my super plus tampon almost every hour. I had big blood clots too, ranging from as small as a dime to as big as a quarter. It started to slow down, and it went back to normal bleeding for about a week and now it's back to being super heavy again. Is this normal? I let my gyno know and she advised its probably because I hadn't had my period in so long. But now I'm really worried this can't be right. And I'm so uncomfortable I've had to change 3 times because I keep bleeding through. I'm not sure I can deal with this every month or if it doesn't stop!
1 Responses
You can try checking with another doctor and see their reco, I had to go through different brands before finding one that worked for me as PCOS patient too. Then after a year or two had to change again. It really depends but you can always tell your doctor it makes you uncomfy then she can give you something else
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.