Heavy Periods

So I am a 13 year old virgin and my last 2 periods were really heavy. My period started yesterday and is heavy as well. My first periods started earlier this year but they were medium flow. This is now going to be my third period on heavy flow. There is clotting and last night I woke up after 4 hours of sleep to find that I soaked through the pad, underwear, and pajama pants. I had to change it and there were clots in it. In the morning when I was lying down nothing was coming out and I would stand up and everything would come out, clots and all. Yesterday when it first started it was medium but then turned heavy. Is there any good way to deal with heavy periods.... Just in case (hopefully not) I have to deal with it again.
double ur under wear and try to wear a panty liner on top of pad to make pad last longer