Heavy bleeding for 10 days before period begins

Some Background:
In October 2009, I had laparoscopy surgery to remove an 8cm cyst on my left ovary.  Because the cyst tightly twisted itself around my fallopian tube, the doctor removed half of my tube.  At that time I was also diagnosed with Stage I - Stage II Endometriosis.   The recovery of my surgery went as planned, no complications.

Current Problems:
Since November, each month I have been bleeding 10 days before the first day of my period.  Not spotting, but heavy bleeding, enough to where I have to wear a tampon. I then continue to bleed for the 3-4 days of my period.  When the abnormal bleeding begins, I also have pains begin that are similar to the pain I felt with my cyst, but not as severe or localized.  Just dull pains in my pelvis.    I've gone back to my gyno with these concerns and he didn't give me solid answers, just saying that it's probably the endometriosis acting up.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Could it be more cysts or is it most likely the endo? I'm just so frustrated with bleeding and having pain for 15 days out of each month.  Thanks in advance for any help :)
~Renee