Heavy bleeding?

I have always had heavy periods, but this month I have been passing large amounts if blood, huge clots, and have felt overall fatigued and a little light headed. I am cramping up pretty bad and have a lower back ache. I have used the softcup and when taking it out today I thought I hurt my cervix and that is why I am bleeding so much. Any advice? I'm not pregnant and have been on the same birth control pill for 4 years.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Well, if the soft cup isn't working, I'd switch methods.  You may be passing a simple cyst which is not uncommon.  It can look like a very heavy period with lots of discomfort and cramping.  Not sure if this is what is going on and perhaps it is time for a trip to your ob/gyn.  But this is my guess.  good luck