Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Heavy bleeding?

I have always had heavy periods, but this month I have been passing large amounts if blood, huge clots, and have felt overall fatigued and a little light headed. I am cramping up pretty bad and have a lower back ache. I have used the softcup and when taking it out today I thought I hurt my cervix and that is why I am bleeding so much. Any advice? I'm not pregnant and have been on the same birth control pill for 4 years.
1 Responses
973741 tn?1342346373
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Well, if the soft cup isn't working, I'd switch methods.  You may be passing a simple cyst which is not uncommon.  It can look like a very heavy period with lots of discomfort and cramping.  Not sure if this is what is going on and perhaps it is time for a trip to your ob/gyn.  But this is my guess.  good luck
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.